Bed Bugs Anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have just recently gone through a horrendous ordeal with bed bugs. I didn't even know that they were real! We ended up having to move and not bring any of our furniture with us, this is after 7 exterminations and they were still there. I have a roommate and they didn't bother him at all, but I got bit up like crazy. I have never been so itchy in my life. One night I counted over one hundred bite on my body from head to toe. I have had them on my face and the bottom of my feet! After I started noticing these red itchy welts on my body I went to the doctor. He told me I had Lupus! Shows how much doctors know. So I went to a dermotologist who told me I was allergic to myself and it would go away in 2 years or else I would just have to deal with it for the rest of my life. What a nice diagnosis. At that point I decided to try and figure it out myself and realized it was bed bugs. I have heard that bed bugs are making a huge comeback in the U.S. and was curious if any one else has experienced this. Although I hope you have not as this is one of the worst experiences in my life.

I read somewhere that bed bugs, just like tuberculosis,
are making a comeback in America.

Wonderful.

:)Yes they have made a huge come back they can even be found in the best hotels as they will hide in your suitcase and travel along from place to place even back to your house.

I have a paranoia about picking up bed bugs at a hotel. I heard they are very invasive and difficult to get rid of. I also heard you should not pick up used furniture (off the curb) or buy goods at yard sales because you could unknowingly bring them into your home.

Man, this is making my skin crawl.

We had a bad experience at a lodge in Vancouver...long story short, hunters had roomed there dogs in the room a day prior, bugs and a few ticks when we woke up. Uncle ended up with the red bulls eyes all over, ended up being lymes disease. NOT fun.

I honestly with all of my heart hope that none of you have to ever experience this problem. I now have scars all over my arms and legs from this little nasty bugs sucking my blood. We think that we got them from a child that I babysat for a week. His parents traveled a lot especially to Las Vegas and they (the bugs) arrived shortly after this kids visit to my house. So that adheres to the hotel being a breeding gound theory. Not only does it gross you out and make you itch but it has cost a awful lot of money as well. We had to replace mattresses and all of our furniture. Just an absolute nightmare.

This makes me very nervous.I fight every Spring with one hungry spider that leaves welts the size of baseballs. Gotta love living in the country! I've read that the increase of bedbugs is due to the hopeful decrease of the DDT. I know it's terrible to deal with the bugs, worse then lice. I have a friend the flips and checks under every mattress in their hotel rooms. I've also read that keeping your baggage closed and off the floor will help prevent the spread of the little buggers!

Okay, thanks. So those products are applied to your body.

I am always looking for new products that can be used in the home for bedbugs. I'm a retailer in a town with a heavy population of immigrants, more and more of whom are coming into my store with a bedbug problem. I do carry two products, but I am honest with my customers, that I'm doubtful of their long term efficacy. I recommend that they call an exterminator, but they insist on buying the products I carry anyway.

Guess it's worth a try.

Lee

:)Check out this site I bought the Clean Green and the limestone powder.
A few weeks ago I thought I was geting bedbug bites I couldnt find any but Im sure thats what it was I had huge itchy welts I washed bedding and sprayed bed with the mix they recommended and the problem dissapeared overnight.They also have a recipe making a mix with water for your skin.Check the link for Mites actually the whole site is interesting.This is great stuff and all natural.
Natural Ginesis - Home of Kleen Green Enzymes!
QSis you really need to read the whole site you make a mix of the liquid enzymes and water to spray around and you can put the limestone powder around the bottom of bed posts etc.They are very detailed in their instructions.Also check the About Enzymes as its also used for cleaning as the enzymes break down proteins so it is and excellent cleaning product for alot of things.They give a list of different amounts to mix with water for specific jobs.I dont know how well this stuff works on a heavy bed bug infestation I only had a few bugs.If its really bad they need to toss out their beds and buy new not used.Some people will buy used beds but they can be infested with the little blood suckers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom