Bee or wasp sting- help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fisher's Mom said:
That is soooo funny! I think my boys may have a little Bad Bug Karma in their future, too!!
;) Well you better tell your boys to knock it off because it just is not worth it.:LOL: Right now I am being bitten every night by something I think its spider but man oh man they are eating me alive.Usually I can find the culprit but not this time they dont bite anyone else but me. Bugs love me they feast on me every summer(I guess because Im so juicy:LOL: :LOL: )

By the way, be careful of your next bee/wasp/etc sting. Allergies like this do not go away, they get worse with age. About three years ago my husband had what you describe. He did eventually go see his doctor who gave him antibiotics and recommended benedryl and the cortisone. Unfortunately the next summer my husband happened upon a wasp nest of a particularly aggressive type of wasp. He flopped around like a just caught fish on the floor of the house (he made it that far) and 911 and 24 hours later was still alive, albeit in the hospital bed. The Dr says it will probably get worse with age and to carry the epi and some benedryl all the time in the summer. So what is an annoyance now might me life threatening the next time around. Do not take our word for it, talk to your doctor.

Well folks, I am on my 4th dosage of benedryl and cortizone cream. My hand is still swollen and drives me crazy itching at times.
Thanks all for your input and Jp for your wasp trap ! Waiting now for the benedryl to kick in. The pharmacist said it could take 3-5 days !:( This is the pits !! Scatching makes it worse too.

Last edited:
I too, would recogmend getting an epi-pen or two. My brother is highly allergic to the little buggers (all wasps, bees, hornets, you name it!) and has to carry one around all the time. We didn't know he was allergic to them until he was at boy scout camp years ago (at least 30 years by now), and since they were out hiking in the shrub/brush land of Florida, it took a while to get him somewhere to get treatment and a time hunting my mother down to get her there. We almost lost him it was that close. Hope you get over your 'sting'.

Barb L said:
Well folks, I am on my 4th dosage of benedryl and cortizone cream. My hand is still swollen and drives me crazy itching at times.
Thanks all for your input and Jp for your wasp trap ! Waiting now for the benedryl to kick in. The pharmacist said it could take 3-5 days !:( This is the pits !! Scatching makes it worse too.
Try some Witch Hazel on bite should give you some relief.:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom