Being a 'guest of the state'....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And then.....!!! And then....!! Yesterday, speaking to my ex husband he informed me that his girlfriend was just laid off as well!!!!!!!!:wacko: She works in the city, too, in the film business. Her position was more about procuring/selling equipment to people who had film projects. So, we commiserated a bit on the phone yesterday, pumping each other up, and have definite plans to drink together next week.

So, no one is making movies and no one is going to eat. :rolleyes:

I like the idea of teaching. When I was in college back in the stone age I was majoring in english education.

First thing that came to my mind was this. Reservation for two pleeeze.

Excersize is good, and your right....stay away from the television!

Good luck!

-J

First - bt and ronjohn - - - to the woodshed!!!!!

Vera, better days are approaching, I'm sure. Why does Lou need to take the bar in New Orleans - they have several already :glare: :-p

I think in this day and age, with people needing/wanting to cook at home more, a few cooking lessons are in order. There still has to be an upper echelon group that could benefit from a meal or two from a personal chef type service. You are certainly used to carrying your tools of the trade with you already.

I can see your book now - The Ups and Downs of Cooking at the Stock Exchange

"... A Life of Cooking Bear or Bull"

Hey VB-personally, I can't imagine why anyone would want a "real" job-to each his/her own I guess!! I don't think your giving daytime TV a fair shake!! You do realize that Jerry Springer is back on the air don't you? If you ever decide to become a burden on society, PM me and I'll set you up with TV schedules for every day of the week! FWIW, without a job to bog you down, every hour is happy hour, and every day is Friday!

IMO, your writing skills are off the chart! I'm guessing that your grocery list is an interesting read!!

Do the world a solid and publish something !!;)

I'm sorry to hear about your job Vera. You need to start your own business, whether it be a personal chef, caterer, teacher, writer or you could even do what I'm doing and build informational websites. Your writing skills are impeccable and your knowledge is amazing...you could really go far! As long as you work for someone else though, there is always going to be someone else in control of your destiny. Good luck to you whatever you decide to do! :)

Again, thank you ALL!! It's nice to be proven correct when I always say that people are kind and generous by nature.
I spent the day making fresh danish (complete with 5 turns), pecan bear claws (just for you, PDSWife) and lemon cheese pockets. I haven't had the time to do fresh danish since my kids were babies.

There are things I'd like to do, but I want to do them when I'm financially and mentally ready. The single table place can happen, or the cafe, or the B&B, but I want it to happen on my terms, not because I'm forced to make rash decisions. I agree that I detest that others can pull strings resulting in my dancing. It's simply not in my nature to permit others to get away with that for overlong, ya know...?;)

By the way, I changed the cocktail tonight to something called 'man o'war'. It felt right, don't you think? It's got bourbon (not the top shelf for mixing), triple sec, sweet vermouth and lime juice. I'm ready for my cocktail, Mr. DeMille

Thanks Vera! I'll take four of those claws please!!! *just be sure to remove the fur first!*

Vera I always read your posts with great interest. Your way with words is incredible!
I also think your way with food, and life itself is incredible.....
I sincerely believe a person of your abilities and wear-with-all can weather any storm forced upon you, this will be a blip I'm sure in the near future (I hope!)

I for one will be happy to see you join us, if not for a little while, more often during the day!!!!
:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom