Bernie Mac has died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just about flipped when I got the text that it had happened. I love news so I get alerts about breaking news and this one really threw me. He will be missed.

I am so sad. I just can't believe he's gone. I know that pneumonia is bad, but, come on, if someone isn't older or very young and just don't have the immunity, how do we die in this day and age from pneumonia. You think he let it go, thinking it would get better and just let it go too long before getting help? It's just so sad!! A funny funny man!

They said it was unrelated to his disease (which he said was in remission), but I can't help but wonder if it had something, even remotely, to do with it. So many things can trigger pneumonia.

:(Barbara

They said it was unrelated to his disease (which he said was in remission), but I can't help but wonder if it had something, even remotely, to do with it. So many things can trigger pneumonia.

:(Barbara
Barb, I have to wonder about the wording. I get that the pneumonia wasn't related to the disease, but his death was "due to complications" so it could have been the disease played a factor in treating the pneumonia. From my mother's own death, I do know sepsis is also a complication of pneumonia and can lead to death. They likely just don't want to give too much information but there are many extenuating circumstances beyond just the lung issues of pneumonia. I learned too much about the illness when my mom died.

Back
Top Bottom