Best Black Friday deals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Caslon

Executive Chef
Last edited:
The only BF purchase I made was 2 Kindle 7's for daughter and SIL..
Half of what I paid for mine a few months ago and 1/3 less than I paid for Jeannie's last month.. I considered it a good buy.. 2 day free shipping is something I love.. :)

Ross

I ordered a replacement probe for my Thermoworks Dot. It failed me on Thanksgiving morning when I was getting the turkey ready. Fortunately, I have a backup thermometer.

Gotten to the age where there's not much I want or need, so no Black Friday list.

Actually, I only participated in Black Friday once...1983 and, after that experience, vowed to never do it again.

I kind of think that so much of the BF purchasing is done by folks who can ill afford it and will complain and pay the price after the new year with bills, bills, bills. Thankfully, I have never been in that position. Can't imagine what a burden it could be.

However, for those who have a specific need and can fulfill it with a super bargain...go for it.

Last edited:
One thing I've never done in my life was go shop at a mall or department store on BF weekend. I avoided going shopping after Thanksgiving like a plague, even when I were younger.
All my BF deals have been online only.

One thing I've never done in my life was go shop at a mall or department store on BF weekend. I avoided going shopping after Thanksgiving like a plague, even when I were younger.
All my BF deals have been online only.

I did it once about 20 years ago kind of as a goof when we had some friends visiting for Thanksgiving. Pre-dawn, standing in line in the freezing cold for hours waiting for the store to open. That was enough.

I have a RING doorbell, which has a motion sensor and camera. Recordings are uploaded to a cloud server ($30/year). I am very happy with it. I am in Houston right now, and if somebody walks up to my door, I get an alert on my smart phone, and a video recording.

These porch thieves know what a RING doorbell is, and generally turn and walk away when they see one.

CD

Last edited:
I'm well past any interest in standing outside freezing. I shop on Amazon.

Late morning sleep in, $0.00
Hot coffee, at my leisure.
Ate leftovers, no cash outlay
Nap $0.00
Watched movies on dvd
Helped put clothes on the clothes line and take them down. whew!

I saved $1000's by staying home.

I went to the gas station to fuel up for the drive home tomorrow. No BF discounts on gasoline.

CD

DNA testing kit $49. I'm blonde and blue eyed, my grandfather emigrated from Denmark and my grandmother was German. I don't need that kit, lol.

Cas, how do you know your grandma wasn't an attractive lesbian, and your grandfather wasn't just bi-polar?

Just trying to be funny, you know.

Btw, you only covered half of your gene pool there, buddy.

Way too many grandchildren, if you are over 16, buy your own presents has been the rule in this family for years, and I am on SS. So by this time of the month, no money available for BF. And even if I did have it, I wouldn't be standing out there in some silly parking lot in the middle of the night just to buy a gift that won't be appreciated anyway.

I may be old, but I am not senile.

I'm selfish and every year I treat myself to new toys during the holidays.
Yesterday on Cyber Monday I ordered a couple of solid copper O-light flashlights to add to my collection.

My BF shopping consisted of a new 64 gig micro sd card. 11 bucks free shipping.

Cyber Monday was two new parking knifes for like 20-30 bucks off each. One is a bird beak.

That's it. I spent a whopping 45 bucks or so.

I have a RING doorbell, which has a motion sensor and camera. Recordings are uploaded to a cloud server ($30/year). I am very happy with it. I am in Houston right now, and if somebody walks up to my door, I get an alert on my smart phone, and a video recording.

These porch thieves know what a RING doorbell is, and generally turn and walk away when they see one.

CD
Even though we live waaaaaay out in the country and are usually home, we keep an Amazon box on the front porch filled with a bag that contains the stuff removed from our kitties' litter box. They are free to enjoy the spoils of their labors. "Spoils" being a true effect.

Never mind!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom