Best Christmas Gifts 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm so thrilled to show you mine. Cheyenne Marie came home to her family on Christmas Eve!

My precious grand daughter came into the world two months early and weighed only 3 lbs. Today, a month later she has doubled her weight and is doing perfectly well after being in the hospital for over a month. I've been overwhelmed with emotion over the most perfect Christmas gift EVER! Here's our little princess, fast asleep...

img_1330756_0_0722d206bd0bc80c1d7f00a04a65f1df.jpg

Yours is better than mine by a long shot. There's no competition in my eyes.

My gift will be late. I get this for 16 days, but I don't get the first day until January 4th. Good things come to those who wait.

7345825022_6bd62bca50_c.jpg

3316874047_a30baeea32_o.jpg

3324801292_11316870b5_o.jpg

I received my best gift Christmas Eve (so far).
A 1942, all matching, Mauser made, Nazi marked, German P.08, also known as the Luger :punk: 1942 was the last year the Germans made this pistol before switching to the P-38. I finally pulled the trigger and bought me one.

Attachments

• My Luger.jpg
    My Luger.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 294
I received my best gift Christmas Eve (so far).
A 1942, all matching, Mauser made, Nazi marked, German P.08, also known as the Luger :punk: 1942 was the last year the Germans made this pistol before switching to the P-38. I finally pulled the trigger and bought me one.

Nice find pac. They are a true point and shoot pistol. Mrs B's father has her grandfather's Luger as well as his later Walther. They have been sitting in a box in the attic for years. Such a shame. Last time I saw them they had lost most of their blueing.

Last edited:
Nice find pac. They are a true point and shoot pistol. Mrs B's father has her grandfather's Luger as well as his later Walther. They have been sitting in a box in the attic for years. Such a shame. Last time I saw them they had lost most of their blueing.[/QUOTE]

:shock: :cry: What a shame.
A lot of these (at least down here) have started to surface with the WWII veterans reaching their end. If you're lucky you can get one without it first reaching a dealer. Mrs B's father should do something with those.

And thanks. I hope to shoot it soon. At least a little.
Something more up your (Canadian) alley might be the Inglis Hi-Power I also have :) That was my birthday present :angel: :LOL:

Nice find pac. They are a true point and shoot pistol. Mrs B's father has her grandfather's Luger as well as his later Walther. They have been sitting in a box in the attic for years. Such a shame. Last time I saw them they had lost most of their blueing.[/QUOTE]

:shock: :cry: What a shame.
A lot of these (at least down here) have started to surface with the WWII veterans reaching their end. If you're lucky you can get one without it first reaching a dealer. Mrs B's father should do something with those.

And thanks. I hope to shoot it soon. At least a little.
Something more up your (Canadian) alley might be the Inglis Hi-Power I also have :) That was my birthday present :angel: :LOL:
OMG:ohmy: You have an Inglis 9mm????
They are quite rare up here. I have an FN built Browning but would love to get my mitts on an original Inglis.

I'm so thrilled to show you mine. Cheyenne Marie came home to her family on Christmas Eve!

My precious grand daughter came into the world two months early and weighed only 3 lbs. Today, a month later she has doubled her weight and is doing perfectly well after being in the hospital for over a month. I've been overwhelmed with emotion over the most perfect Christmas gift EVER! Here's our little princess, fast asleep...

img_1330882_0_0722d206bd0bc80c1d7f00a04a65f1df.jpg

She is a beauty! Happy Grandma!:)

Kayelle, she is so precious! It must have been a very Merry Christmas for you and your entire family.

My best present was spending the holiday with our two kids. A little bit like when we all lived together. And a veggie peeler. THAT story needs a laptop and a better internet connection though, so you're gonna have to wait awhile. Sorry.

She is simply beautiful, Kayelle! She looks completely at peace with the world as she sleeps as well. Precious. Thank you for sharing! Like Andy said, I cannot top that. :)

Kayelle, that is by far the best present of all - she is a beauty!

My presents could at first thought go in the category of Cooking Godess' vegetable peeler. (I am dying to hear that one!)

I got an electronic heated blanket, a sonic toothbrush, a 2 quart boiling pot and a laundry sorting basket. Yes, they are pretty generic, but each has a special meaning for me. With the laundry baskets I can lift out one (one load) and pour it into the machine so no more bending. The blanket is for wrapping myself in when I have to sleep in my chair. It helps my muscle aches. The pot is good for many things. It has a handle, a spout and a straining lid. The toothbrush makes brushing faster and lighter which is good when I can't hold my arms for long. It will help me brush more as it isn't such and effort.

I did get one more thing from TB. I got the entire series of Gilmore Girls on DVD. How will this help me? I have something to do during down times ;)

img_1330910_0_0722d206bd0bc80c1d7f00a04a65f1df.jpg

I had tears seeing this. Mamma and Lakisha also did.

We're so very happy for you, Kayelle. She is so very precious!

With love,
~Cat, MammaCat, and Lakisha

PS. Laptops are downloading updates, so we are all on my account. Sorry! It's just temporary. Please forgive us. :(

I've got three fantastic nieces and an awesome nephew. Since my mother passed away, I've been writing the stories behind family recipes via a small blog for them. In one of the last entries, I said if I did not get a Christmas list, they would be getting cast iron skillets and white cornmeal to practice making cornbread. (Two of the four were not surprised by the cast iron, so I now know who reads what I write.) As one can see, they have already discovered other uses for a cast iron skillet. :LOL:

I stuck money on the bottom just to check which ones would look it over. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 1527073_800311643835_1916316637_n.jpg
    1527073_800311643835_1916316637_n.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 189
  • 1469845_800311678765_8305359_n.jpg
    1469845_800311678765_8305359_n.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
my cooking gadget this year was the Ninja 3-in-1 cooker. I wanted a slow cooker that I could brown in and this fit the bill. So far I've made the pot roast and roasted chicken out of the cookbook that came with it (really nice 150 recipe book) and both have been fantastic! The "steam roast" function turned out the juiciest chicken that I have ever made. I may do a review on it here.

My tech gift was a Roku 3, I've had an older Roku for 4 or so years and this is an impressive upgrade ( we use these in the bedrooms to stream, Netflix and stuff from our home server).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom