Best Cooking music?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love all kinds of music but today I listened to an old Glenn Miller CD. Yesterday it was Mark Lowry's On Broadway. Before that it was, "The Hollywood Musicials" from 1927 to 1945. I also keep handy my Andrew Lloyd Webber Gold and the greatest hits of Debussy.:rolleyes:

Usually,l have on WBGO out of Newark, NJ. It's listener supported Jazz and absolutely wonderful.

I may put on Etta James, something from Preservation Hall, and I positively love the soundtrack from Garden State.

This is the first thread that I posted that has gotten this many respones. With the variety of musics that are playing it would be interesting to see how it correlates with the food being made. In my original post I stated I liked listening to the Gypsy Kings and a bottle of wine.

My wine is Crianza, Garnacha or other rich Spanish reds along with big Zins and Cabs. My foods may not always be Latin or Spanish but seem to carry over some notes of those styles. I love the flavors and life they bring to the meal. This isn't even my heritage. I am Norwegian, Irish and German and the spiceyest thing my mother cooked with was green bell pepper. Does anyone else's food go with the music your listening to?

JDP

Well we listen to all sorts as I said....and we cook all sorts too, but just as we have old faithful cds/radio we have meals that we return to again and again and love and appreciate rather than eat out of lack of inspiration.

The fishy song always and only applies to shell fish, and mussels most of all, though!

There's a c.d. that is pretty old of Bjork singing jazz in Icelandic with her Father's jazz band. It's very fun and upbeat and I have no idea what she's saying, but I fake too fake sing Icelandic.

cora, the beasties?!?! i guess you didn't expect to catch the crew rhymin'! :cool:

opinionita, everyting is muuuuuuuuusikal. muuuuuuuusikallllll. :)

My favorite music for cooking is music from the 70s. IMHO that was the best decade for classic rock, dance, funk & R&B. I am also a huge fan of Salsa music.

Wow, how big a shovel did you require to dig this up??

I'm still listening to WBGO Jazz. When that doesn't come in clearly enough (oh how I so detest static) I put on one of the thousand music channels that fios gives me. I like the retro-active station that plays music from the 80s

Wow, how big a shovel did you require to dig this up??

I'm still listening to WBGO Jazz. When that doesn't come in clearly enough (oh how I so detest static) I put on one of the thousand music channels that fios gives me. I like the retro-active station that plays music from the 80s

I just did a good search, I was thinking of a cooking music thread but didn't wan't to redo it if they already had one.

Back
Top Bottom