Bet you didn't know that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll try to notice the next time I have a rotting onion. I just know they STINK.

Did you know that the smell in natural gas is added by the gas company? They add it to the otherwise odourless gas so you can detect a leak. It's supposed to smell like coal gas. Natural gas in Denmark has a similar, but noticeably different smell.

Our gas company changes the 'perfume' every month so that you won't get used to it and not know when you have a gas leak.

Of course I could nopt help, but count my keys once I read this. 104 spot on!

I have been reluctant to post any things in this thread. I feel like a smart alek. Ha Ha, I know more than you do. Must have something to do with my childhood.

I was a smart child but, I outgrew it! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

My education wass filled with mental abuse. I was the one who got all the A,s. But even the teachers had an attitude toward me. When everyone else got the answer wrong, the teacher would call on me with a nasty tone. I learned by the fourth grade to hide my smarts. I never raised my hand if I knew the answer. :yum:

My education was filled with mental abuse. I was the one who got all the A,s. But even the teachers had an attitude toward me. When everyone else got the answer wrong, the teacher would call on me with a nasty tone. I learned by the fourth grade to hide my smarts. I never raised my hand if I knew the answer. :yum:

What a shame that a teacher would stoop to that level in a classroom! Of course, classrooms have changed a LOT since you and I were in one as kids, Addie. They couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher now. Kids today seem to be less respectful of others. I don't blame them for being disrespectful to our leaders...very little about our leaders promotes any respect.

What a shame that a teacher would stoop to that level in a classroom! Of course, classrooms have changed a LOT since you and I were in one as kids, Addie. They couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher now. Kids today seem to be less respectful of others. I don't blame them for being disrespectful to our leaders...very little about our leaders promotes any respect.

In one area of Boston we have police patrolling the halls every day. The kids have to go through a metal detector and packpacks are searched. Teachers get hazardous pay. So glad no one in my family has been assigned to that area for the busing quota. :)

We had a cat named Dumbo. My son was three when we got the cat and thought he looked like the elephant with big ears. That was a great cat.

Back
Top Bottom