Bet you didn't know that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sign me up!

I'm not much of a whiskey drinker. I like VO and 7up, but that's about it. I could never tolerate drinking straight whiskey, and watching someone else do it makes me cringe. Scotch leaves me out. Can't stand the smell of the stuff. I've always heard you either love Scotch or hate it. I'm on the hate it side of the equation.

I need to find out how you re-set your cats from the time change. Mine just don't get it -- still want their meals at the "right" time. I'm weakening.

My cat Dinky only yelled one day at the old time for his evening snack. I leave food and water down for him 24/7, so he eats when he wants to. His snack is at 6:30pm and he knows when that arrives. 3 tablespoons of buttermilk sure makes his day!

Some giraffes make a small mooing sound right after birth, but they never make another vocal sound the rest of their lives.

I need to find out how you re-set your cats from the time change. Mine just don't get it -- still want their meals at the "right" time. I'm weakening.

I don't feed them until I wake up...they get tired of being knocked off the bed when they try to wake me up too early.

Smudge, the older cat, belongs to Shrek, she only does what he says. She's making me crazy because she thinks she doesn't have to do what I say and she's getting worse as she gets older. She's always "talked back" and now she's starting to "cuss" when she does.

If it's any consolation, my normally sweet and quiet beagle has become a real pest an hour before she should get her dinner and cookie. Lies by the back door, climbs all over top of me. Acts like she's starving. Maybe the critters should have some say about DST.

Re Feeding Felines - Dry vs. Wet Food

At the risk of setting off World War III (just when a truce has been reached in the mayo versus Miracle Whip controversy), although I wish I could leave dry cat food out for my two boys to eat whenever, I don't feel it's in their best interests health-wise. They are strictly indoor cats so don't have access to any other food. There's a woman who has a program called, "Cat Chat," and her reasoning persuaded me to switch from dry food to wet (canned) food -- said that unlike dogs who are omnivores, cats are "obligate carnivores" and feeding them dry food containing carbs, etc., is bad for the pet. So, I am trying to avoid medical problems for my cats, as well as needing to avoid vet bills, but canned food is certainly less convenient as well as more expensive.

At the risk of setting off World War III (just when a truce has been reached in the mayo versus Miracle Whip controversy), although I wish I could leave dry cat food out for my two boys to eat whenever, I don't feel it's in their best interests health-wise. They are strictly indoor cats so don't have access to any other food. There's a woman who has a program called, "Cat Chat," and her reasoning persuaded me to switch from dry food to wet (canned) food -- said that unlike dogs who are omnivores, cats are "obligate carnivores" and feeding them dry food containing carbs, etc., is bad for the pet. So, I am trying to avoid medical problems for my cats, as well as needing to avoid vet bills, but canned food is certainly less convenient as well as more expensive.
After my vet telling me to feed my cats wet food instead of dry food, I tried it. Neither Bammers nor Dinky would touch the stuff. I tried to get them to eat it out of hunger, but after 3 days of having not a bite of food, I gave in and gave them their normal dry food, which they scarfed up like crazy.

Since Bammers, (who recently died at 19 years old of liver failure), and Dinky (Who is now 14 years old), were both 8 weeks old, they've had a shared bowl of Purina "Inside Cat' food available 24/7 with a free-flowing bowl of water that is always filled.

Neither cat was ever over-weight, and both maintained good health throughout their lives. I think Dinky is now a little lonely and I've thought seriously about getting another kitten to be company for him, but I really don't want another pet. Losing Bammers trashed me emotionally and I just don't want to go through that again and am dreading Dinky passing.

I tried mixing wet and dry food for Dinky, but he simply wouldn't eat at all then. I don't think its worth stressing him out via starvation, to make him start eating differently then he has for 14 years.

btw, Dinky LOVES Miracle Whip. He loves mayo also though. When I make something with either, he always gets a fingertip of it as a treat. His 100mph tongue tells me he likes it.:pig::pig::pig:

I don't understand why so many people think it has to be mayo OR Miracle Whip.

I like them both. Sometimes I like egg salad (for instance) with mayo as a more savory dish, and sometimes I like it with MW for a sweeter, spicier flavor.

I do use more mayo, but sometimes I need to stave off the boredom with Miracle Whip for a change.

I don't understand why so many people think it has to be mayo OR Miracle Whip.

I like them both. Sometimes I like egg salad (for instance) with mayo as a more savory dish, and sometimes I like it with MW for a sweeter, spicier flavor.

I do use more mayo, but sometimes I need to stave off the boredom with Miracle Whip for a change.

It's nothing more than an advertising capaign that went further than either manufacturer ever thought it would.

You could do the same thing with lots of foods.

Imagine a BBQ sauce or ketchup debate:wacko:

Or an A1 or Worstershire sauce debate.:ermm:
Oh my!:ohmy:

Did you know 8% of people have an extra rib
85% of plant life is found in the ocean
Ralph Lauren's original name was Ralph Lifshitz
Rabbits like licorice
The Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters

After my vet telling me to feed my cats wet food instead of dry food, I tried it. Neither Bammers nor Dinky would touch the stuff. I tried to get them to eat it out of hunger, but after 3 days of having not a bite of food, I gave in and gave them their normal dry food, which they scarfed up like crazy.

Since Bammers, (who recently died at 19 years old of liver failure), and Dinky (Who is now 14 years old), were both 8 weeks old, they've had a shared bowl of Purina "Inside Cat' food available 24/7 with a free-flowing bowl of water that is always filled.

Neither cat was ever over-weight, and both maintained good health throughout their lives. I think Dinky is now a little lonely and I've thought seriously about getting another kitten to be company for him, but I really don't want another pet. Losing Bammers trashed me emotionally and I just don't want to go through that again and am dreading Dinky passing.

I tried mixing wet and dry food for Dinky, but he simply wouldn't eat at all then. I don't think its worth stressing him out via starvation, to make him start eating differently then he has for 14 years.

btw, Dinky LOVES Miracle Whip. He loves mayo also though. When I make something with either, he always gets a fingertip of it as a treat. His 100mph tongue tells me he likes it.:pig::pig::pig:

I'm coming to the conclusion that you are one lucky guy, Timothy. With your luck, that hydroponic project you have in mind is sure to be a success. I think Dinky is lucky, too.

btw, my cats just love the Purina Indoor crunchy bits - they get it occasionally for dessert. (I've never tried either mayo or MW on them.) But I would feel guilty if I switched back to dry.

I have had three cats, all indoors and all dry food only. Two of the three lived in excess of 18 years each. The third ran away. Maybe it was because we did not give him wet food ;)

I'm coming to the conclusion that you are one lucky guy, Timothy. With your luck, that hydroponic project you have in mind is sure to be a success. I think Dinky is lucky, too.

btw, my cats just love the Purina Indoor crunchy bits - they get it occasionally for dessert. (I've never tried either mayo or MW on them.) But I would feel guilty if I switched back to dry.
I sure hope you're right, tinlizzie!

The hydoponic project will work. I've crunched the numbers every which way they can be crunched and it works every time.

The fishing within 1 hour of my house in either fresh or salt water is fantastic!

My cat thinks he's a human and gets treated and spoken to like one. He's more friendly then most humans I know.

What other luck would anyone need?

Back
Top Bottom