Beware new computer worm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am so sick of these people that don't have a life! My computer was hit with the welchia worm 2 years ago and I lost everything, even all my pictures and had to renew my system! That ticked me off to no end!

you're welcome, sush! :)

and i'm with you tex! i had to quickly get in touch with my 81 year old dad 'cause i know he would believe an email like that and dutifully open the attachment to answer the questionnaire. makes me so mad that we all have to be distrustful :mad:

Yep I heard about this today to on a news talk show. As if the FBI and CIA care about conversing with people via email :) Dont open attachments from people you dont know, keep your antivirus software up to date, and use a firewall, you should be fine.

We have gotten about 50 of those and Daddy was testing our virus checker so he clicked on one and our virus program wouldn't let him!:punk:

Cameron

Our dad was showing Cameron and I that the other day and said do not even open an attatchment from people you know unless they say that they are attatching something because
people can put viruses in other people's emails.

Last edited:
Cameron, I'm glad your computers are safe and protected! That's great! And Amber, I agree with you...but some people don't think things through before they act...some would see an official looking seal (FBI or CIA) and believe it.

jennyema said:
We all just now got this email with attachment.

The subject line was "Your IP was logged" from Admin@cia.gov
This is huge now - its all over the place and it looks something like this -

Office@fbi.gov to priv-mail

Dear Sir/Madam,

we have logged your IP-address on more than 30 illegal Websites.

Important:
Please answer our questions!
The list of questions are attached.

Yours faithfully,
Steven Allison

Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Room 3220
Washington, DC 20535
phone: (202) 324-****

Viruses found in the attached files.
The file question_list479.zip: Virus identified I-Worm/Sober.CF. The attachment was moved to the virus vault.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom