"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-09-2005, 04:27 PM   #11
Head Chef

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the kind words. It's still pretty bad today. I sure must be out of shape...'cause since I'm limping..every other muscle that I usually don't use hurts too! lol.

Old 10-09-2005, 05:17 PM   #12
Executive Chef

Hey, at least you didn't do what I did once as a kid. Back in HS, I was in Band. Well, during Marching season, we all had to do marching drill. There was one manuever, a pivot, that I, for some reason or other, started doing whenever I needed to turn. Instead of turning while walking, I would do a snap-turn on my right foot while kicking out my left foot for the next step.

One day, I was at home, and thought I was right at the entrance to the hallway leading to my bedroom. I turned (read: pivot) to my right to go to my bedroom. As usual, I kicked out my left foot, which, due to the direction of my pivot, went 90 to my right. Unfortunately, I was NOT at the entrance to the hallway, and was actually in front of the corner of the wall about 2' away from where I thought I was. I promptly kicked the wall, rather hard. I ended up breaking a couple of my small toes. I had to walk and march on those until they healed. Let me tell you, it did not feel good!

Old 10-09-2005, 06:32 PM   #13
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Kay,

sorry about your tootsie pop About mid july I went to the freezer opened the door and out fell a whole chicken, frozen solid and of course I was bare footed...Well like Sierra said I did that dance in the garage and said all the things mom said never to say. Didn't help much tho, but at the time, it was that or cry ..The darn thing hurt like blazes and the whole instep was black and purple for 2 weeks...what a sight! But, the good news is it does get better in about 2 weeks

Feel better, let someone wait on you and watch that hamburger
kadesma
Old 10-10-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Kay, I feel your (foot) pain.

I've had a few. On a dance floor, one guy was jumping up and down and came crashing down on my foot. It hurt like heck. Another - just walking, my ankle turned over. I did the elevation and ice thing. I regret not having gone for Xrays, because years later, I feel pain every time I touch my foot. Hope you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:03 AM   #15
Head Chef

Thought I'd give you a "picture" update...it's getting better....(not the ugly feet though)...lol.
Attached Images

Old 10-19-2005, 01:16 AM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Yahoo to middie
ouch kaylinda. that looks worse than when i broke my little toe.
and you say it's getting better ? hate to see what it looked like when it
happened then. you poor thing.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:54 AM   #17
Head Chef

OUCH! that looks painful!!!

callie is offline   Reply With Quote