Beware of Frozen Hamburger!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KAYLINDA

Head Chef
Especially if it is a 10 pound tube and falls on your foot! My big toe is big and black and blue..have to limp....but don't think anything is broken. It rolled off a serving cart onto my foot right before we opened tonight. No fun....:(

Kaylinda, I understand and feel your pain. I stubbed my toe on a step stool in the kitchen a couple of weeks ago. I hopped around the kitchen saying all the words that my mother told me never to say. :censored: :LOL: It hurt like the devil for a few days. I hope that yours feels better soon.

OUCH
5.gif
I hope it's better today, but, it's probably very sore.
Hope it gets better soon.:)

KAYLINDA said:
Especially if it is a 10 pound tube and falls on your foot! My big toe is big and black and blue..have to limp....but don't think anything is broken. It rolled off a serving cart onto my foot right before we opened tonight. No fun....:(

Sounds cracked/broken to me - OUCH - but there's nada you can do about it anyway - I too feel your pain - have broken a different toe on a space heater before. Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

I'm sorry, Kay :( and I guess you can't go sit in the recliner with your foot up and have everyone else wait on you?????

Hope it feels better SOON!

Thank you everyone! I appreciate all the kind words. It's still pretty bad today. I sure must be out of shape...'cause since I'm limping..every other muscle that I usually don't use hurts too! lol.

Hey, at least you didn't do what I did once as a kid. Back in HS, I was in Band. Well, during Marching season, we all had to do marching drill. There was one manuever, a pivot, that I, for some reason or other, started doing whenever I needed to turn. Instead of turning while walking, I would do a snap-turn on my right foot while kicking out my left foot for the next step.

One day, I was at home, and thought I was right at the entrance to the hallway leading to my bedroom. I turned (read: pivot) to my right to go to my bedroom. As usual, I kicked out my left foot, which, due to the direction of my pivot, went 90° to my right. Unfortunately, I was NOT at the entrance to the hallway, and was actually in front of the corner of the wall about 2' away from where I thought I was. I promptly kicked the wall, rather hard. I ended up breaking a couple of my small toes. I had to walk and march on those until they healed. Let me tell you, it did not feel good!

Hi Kay,

sorry about your tootsie pop:LOL: About mid july I went to the freezer opened the door and out fell a whole chicken, frozen solid and of course I was bare footed...Well like Sierra said I did that dance in the garage and said all the things mom said never to say. Didn't help much tho, but at the time, it was that or cry:LOL: ..The darn thing hurt like blazes and the whole instep was black and purple for 2 weeks...what a sight! But, the good news is it does get better in about 2 weeks:ROFLMAO:

Feel better, let someone wait on you and watch that hamburger:mrgreen:
kadesma

Kay, I feel your (foot) pain.

I've had a few. On a dance floor, one guy was jumping up and down and came crashing down on my foot. It hurt like heck. Another - just walking, my ankle turned over. I did the elevation and ice thing. I regret not having gone for Xrays, because years later, I feel pain every time I touch my foot. Hope you are feeling better. Take good care of yourself.

Thought I'd give you a "picture" update...it's getting better....(not the ugly feet though)...lol.

Attachments

• kay's toe.JPG
    kay's toe.JPG
    14.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
ouch kaylinda. that looks worse than when i broke my little toe.
and you say it's getting better ? hate to see what it looked like when it
happened then. you poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom