BIG changes ahead for KFC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Steve, is the reason you have never had KFC because you just dont have any interest in their chicken, or because you think it is bad for you?

I am just interested to know :)

I used to like KFC once in a while. The last time we had it, it was just plain nasty. :(

It's really been hit or miss over in the city by me, too. One store had a rep for a hospital visit after eating there.

Mom worked for KFC a very long time ago, she was their master chicken fryer at the time. The KFC in Laramie, WY was still serving good food 6 years ago...that was the last time we ate there. I wandered into the KFC here one day about 19 years ago...I left without ordering and have never gone back. It was filthy and the chicken looked horrible.

Not many places with good fried chicken around here, I make do with rotisserie from Costco.

i haven't had kfc in probably a decade, but not that's not because i'm above eating fast food fried chicken once in a blue moon. there's just better choices.

we have lots of popeye's around (which are only slightly better than kfc) but you have to go there within a half hour of their opening to be sure that it'll be good. any later and it's a crap shoot. you have to get lucky to get something that's been fried and immediately served to you. usually it's been sitting around for a while getting soggy and rubbery. yuk.

but there are a number of small chains like crown chicken in harlem, and chicken delight, and the chicken and rib crib in jersey that make really good fried chicken.

the chicken and rib crib will fry your chicken as you order it if it's not during the lunch or dinner rush, so it's super fresh, hot, and crispy.

btw, has anyone else noticed that many popeye's fried chicken places are changing their signs to say popeye's louisiana kitchen?

...btw, has anyone else noticed that many popeye's fried chicken places are changing their signs to say popeye's louisiana kitchen?

Back in the late 80s/early 90s there were a few Popeye's around here. I really enjoyed their red beans and rice and spicy fried chicken. Sadly, they haven't been around for quite a while.

The recent ads for 'Pope Yes' chicken have been emphasizing the Louisiana connection.

Steve, is the reason you have never had KFC because you just dont have any interest in their chicken, or because you think it is bad for you?

I am just interested to know :)
I've never eaten fried chicken. To be quite honest, I don't care for deep-fried foods and deep-fried foods don't seem to like me, either. I used to eat french fries way back when, but starting about ten or so years ago, I went through a period where every time I ate something like that I felt physically ill afterward. I don't know if it was my body trying to tell me something or if it was all in my head but, regardless, there isn't any point in eating food that makes you feel bad.

you have my enduring respect for that.

most people, including myself, have little self control in such matters.

Back
Top Bottom