BIG changes ahead for KFC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pacanis

Chef Extraordinaire
And anyone who likes to eat "traditional" chicken :(
No bones about it: KFC goes boneless

I can see me ordering the new boneless chicken for lunch on the move, or as I'm passing through that area. I think it would still be messy to eat while driving though. But to eventually phase out traditional bone-in/skin-on chicken... I don't know... It just seems so wrong.
Fortunately the town store makes a good copycat KFC fried chicken.

Hmmmmm

I can see it being a good thing for little kids in that the bones are gone, but that's about it.

No bone, no skin, more money.

Nope .. they already charge way more than I think is reasonable.

Like Pac said ... the local grocery store does an excellent clone of KFC - actually we like it better because it's never greasy - and it's way less money.

Even their "coupons" don't make their meals or chicken only very affordable ... I think the Colonel would be very unhappy with KFC today.

I can see it being good for kids, too, LMB.
I just wish they'd leave their original offering alone. Maybe it will go the way of Coke and come back reborn... KFC Classic, lol.

In the introduction to the video, the President said it was a new product. To me that doesn't mean it replaces all other existing products.

I like KFC extra crispy. I like it on the bone. That's the way you're supposed to eat fried chicken. Not saying I wouldn't buy the boneless if convenience was important, such as when you're on the go.

Last edited:
:LOL:
Exactly! Without the bones, how will we know what we are eating? :LOL:

The article said it would be made of whole muscle.

I used to love KFC. Lately, the gravy seemed to have less flavor, so I started going to Church's and I like theirs better.

Last edited:
The article said it would be made of whole muscle.

I used to love KFC. Lately, the gravy seemed to have less flavor, so I started going to Church's and I like theirs better.

I never liked their mashed potatoes and gravy. I ate it, but only because it was part of the meal. I meant to ask Snip and Kylie if theirs was different in the other hemisphere... maybe they use real potatoes or something.

I don't see anywhere that they are replacing their traditional offerings, just offering something new.

I rarely eat there, because #1 my SO is sensitive to MSG, so he doesn't eat there, and #2 most of our KFC here are a bit run down, and kind of scruffy looking. There is one near my work that's decent, but I haven't been there in quite a while.

I would order the boneless, since I usually order the tenders. I think that it is a nice offering, but here in the south, chicken on the bone is a staple, that's the way that the majority likes to eat it.

I haven't had KFC in years. The one in my hometown is run by a high-school friend, but I never think of eating KFC. It used to be a place I'd stop when on road trips, but now I usually pack a cooler. I know what goes on in commercial kitchens and am not sure I want to eat food that comes out of a large kitchen and is shipped across the country, just sayin'.

:LOL:
Exactly! Without the bones, how will we know what we are eating? :LOL:

I've heard some chain food places are serving donkey, monkey and horse meat. Perhaps KFC has also decided to serve road kill :LOL:

They should leave the bones in. Kids can eat nuggets and popcorn chicken!

I never liked their mashed potatoes and gravy. I ate it, but only because it was part of the meal. I meant to ask Snip and Kylie if theirs was different in the other hemisphere... maybe they use real potatoes or something.

Nope! Ours is also made with potato flakes. My mom hated mashing potatoes so that's what we got at home. Maybe that's why I like it? Reminds me of mom. I like the gravy more than the actual mash, I always ask for a bowl with lots of gravy!

i hoped this was about letting us know they decided to reduce the salt. It's so salty I can't eat it.

After rereading the article, perhaps they are still going to stick with traditional fried chicken. The title of the article, "going boneless" and this "a big bucket filled with fried chicken legs, thighs and breasts on the bone -- may ultimately be banished to the dust-heap of fast-food lore. Replacing it: boneless white and dark meat chicken chunks about twice the size of tenders --", led me to believe they were phasing out bone-in chicken.
Maybe they are simply making a big push for it and seeing how things go. I rarely go there either (not for health reasons though), but that would be as drastic a change as MacDonalds giving up their quarter pounder or big mac. Whether you eat their or not, some traditions define a business. Especially a fried chicken business.

I will miss the Wicked Wings :(

I do like the idea of eating their chicken off the bone...but in saying that I also like their boneless chicken fillets such a the ones in their burgers...so I guess as long as it is the same taste, I can live with it :)

Will be different though!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom