Birth of a Humming Bird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
Keep in mind the egg is smaller than a tic tac and a quarter fits the opening of the nest! See last photo

THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRD This is truly amazing.

Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE at the bottom of each page; there are 5

pages in all. A lady found a hummingbird nest and got pictures all the way from the

egg to leaving the nest. It took 24 days from birth to flight. Because you'll probably never

in your lifetime see this again, enjoy; and please share.

Click on the link below:

http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/

Hummer Nest '05

Keep in mind the egg is smaller than a tic tac and a quarter fits the opening of the nest! See last photo

THE BIRTH OF A HUMMINGBIRD This is truly amazing.

Be sure to click on NEXT PAGE at the bottom of each page; there are 5

pages in all. A lady found a hummingbird nest and got pictures all the way from the

egg to leaving the nest. It took 24 days from birth to flight. Because you'll probably never

in your lifetime see this again, enjoy; and please share.

Click on the link below:

http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/

Hummer Nest '05

hummingbirds have a very special place in my heart. reason to personal to relate here. in any case , thank you for posting this.

babe

I had to watch it twice. And smiled the whole time.

What an amazing nest. I wonder where this was that momma got that soft cottony looking material for the inside of the nest.
And Toothpick size....
Amazing!!!
Thanks, babe

I had to watch it twice. And smiled the whole time.

What an amazing nest. I wonder where this was that momma got that soft cottony looking material for the inside of the nest.
And Toothpick size....
Amazing!!!
Thanks, babe

:) I was also wondering how she got the white in her nest as well. I had no idea the nest and eggs were so small. DUH I should have known that just by knowing how small these birds are in the first place.

I can't believe how teeny-tiny they are!!! Simply amazing feat of God's creativity!

love it! We have hummingbird feeders, and they LOVE petunias, so we keep lots of them in the yard too!!! So sweet, thanks for posting this!!! :)

Thanks so much for posting this, JP. We have hummingbird nests in our lychee tree on our backyard patio, but we've never been able to get a peek inside. Wonderful pictures.

Speaking of birds it was discovered that we have a nest of falcons nesting in the rotundra of our state capitol with 2 chicks . It came across on our news tonight

Thank you for sharing this with us..I am a hummingbird lover and have taken to feeding and sharing my backyard with them...Each time I hear or see one, I know my dad is near.

kadesma

Very cool!

We hang a flowering plant on our porch every year and every year we have a nest in it. The first two years it was a House Sparrow with 3 beautiful babies and this year it was a Robin. Being on our front porch, it's easy to sneak peeks and get some great pictures (the best one we got was from the first year, the last baby was perched on the edge of the nest, looked back - snapped the picture - and flew off). I think the coolest part is that all 3 mommas got comfortable with us being around and we could actually be on our porch without being scolded or chased away.

Thank you again for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom