Birth order and cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm the last of 4 and there are 7 yrs between my brother and me. My mother :)unhappy:) told me I was a mistake. So, when my husband and I became pregnant unexpectantly with my daughter, I made sure to let her know that she was God's wonderful surprise for me. I would never want her to think that she was somehow "wrong".

Aw katybar, I'm sorry your feelings were hurt. Thats hard. I think its all about how its presented sometimes. All six of us knew we were "mistakes", but we also knew in those days planned babies were few and far between. I never mind being a "mistake", cuz I know I'm the best danged mistake they ever made! LOL!!! (Modest too huh?)

I forget what this birth order thing has to do with cooking though. Is it just where we are in the lineup and loving cooking?

Perhaps some of us 'first borns' are mistakes too. I don't understand the workings of nature and God, but think about so many couples wanting children and not being able to have them while some have lots of unplanned kids. Our kids are 7 years apart and we had given up hoping for a second chile. We bought a gorgeous new car and before the first payment came due I found I was pregnant. I would have given the car back in a second for the baby, but fortunately we found we could afford both. All of us have some things we have to make the best of and there are lots of interesting people who probably weren't planned.

Back
Top Bottom