"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 11-04-2006, 01:46 AM   #11
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Reanie I will tell her happy birthday for you... thanks.

The next time I get to see her is on the 16th.... so 10 days late. Plus I'll be going to her, so I can't easily transfer a cake from my place to her school through all the bus and train rides ill be taking.

Yes, it is ice speed skating. It doesn't heal well at all. It gets very bad. She has to take medication for her hands everyday during the winter.
She has no preference in music. I asked her 1 band she likes, she said she doesnt know, she puts on a random radio station and listens to whatever.
I made her a cd with classical on it... she listens to it every now and then... but never on purpose, she does a shuffle on her mp3 player.

I'm not that worried about her friends all being guys. I trust her. There is this one guy though who is all over her, and we both know it.
He is always in her room when I'm talking to her, he's always helping her with physics and chemistry, so she cant tell him to go away.
A while ago she told me then if ever something comes up that relates to me, he'll never say anything good about me. Also there is a formal the weekend coming up, and he "offered" to take jillian to the dance if i didnt come.
She knows he's after her. She said the chances of either her leaving me, or dating him are slim to nil. So it should be fine.

I'll probably just take her out where ever she wants to go, grab some food, give her the gift and... go back to the dorm.

I gotta start thinking about getting her somethign for Hallmark day, and christmas, and our 1 year anniversary (february 16th).

Oye...

Old 11-04-2006, 03:07 AM   #12
Assistant Cook

Dude trust me flowers always work. It isn't in the gift it is in the thought, trust me. She likes you for who you are , not for what you buy her.

You sound like such a sweetheart.

Old 11-04-2006, 09:26 AM   #13
Assistant Cook

i brought a ring for my gf's last birthday and she was happy with it.I think if she really loves you buying anything doesnt really matter
Old 11-04-2006, 11:09 AM   #14
Head Chef

Send a message via AIM to goboenomo Send a message via MSN to goboenomo Send a message via Yahoo to goboenomo
Yeah, I know. But I'm gonna buy her stuff anyways.
I tell her I have to because it's in the "Guy Code"
Old 11-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #15
Hospitality Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by goboenomo
I tell her I have to because it's in the "Guy Code"

Be careful Gobo, your softie side is showing.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:36 AM   #16
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkath

Be careful Gobo, your softie side is showing.

Er, um.

And then I punched him in the arm. And said "Hey man! That's my roast beef sandwich."
Old 11-04-2006, 11:39 AM   #17
Hospitality Queen

LOL
Old 11-04-2006, 05:05 PM   #18
Head Chef

Since you are not going to see her on her Birthday I would definitely call a florist and send her flowers. As for a gift what about a cute jogging outfit that she can wear inside or outside and be very comfortable.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 10:44 PM   #19
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpj4
Since you are not going to see her on her Birthday I would definitely call a florist and send her flowers. As for a gift what about a cute jogging outfit that she can wear inside or outside and be very comfortable.

Hmm... Wow... That's a great idea...
Plus it'll keep her warm now that it's almost winter.

Thanks alot.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:31 AM   #20
DC Grandma

She says all she wants is to be with me... but I dont believe that. Haha.Believe her....Out of our 52 years of marriage and 6 years of dating I can count on one hand the gifts he gave me...gifts aren't important..feelings are. And then thy don't have to be spoken..you just know they are there.How old are you two? I was 14 1/2 and he was 18 and in the navy..very little money..that didn't make a difference to me. I loved him then and I love and miss him now..he has only been gone since Oct. 23 and one of the last things I said to him as we were on the way to the hospital was " I love you babe.." and then he was gone in 40 minutes. Love is a very special thing..cherrish it and each other. "Things" don't make a love stronger.Marge

Walk towards the Sunshine and the Shadows will fall behind you!
Dove is offline   Reply With Quote