Birthday gift idea for my gf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are both 18 today.
Today is her birthday.
We've been together 9 months come November 16th.

I had an idea in the middle of the night last night, what about a jewellery box? Thats romantic and useful, also its a keepsake thing that she can cherish for years. (DH agrees with me- I checked)

mrsmac said:
I had an idea in the middle of the night last night, what about a jewellery box? Thats romantic and useful, also its a keepsake thing that she can cherish for years. (DH agrees with me- I checked)

Thanks for the idea, but she already has a nice one, along with the one I gave her with the necklace. Actually, I got a very nice deal on it. The lady selling it to me was talking so fast, and doing a great job.. haha, but amongst all that talking i heard her say they'll throw in a box with it.
So I got a .25 ... i think Carat diamond with 23K white gold necklace, along with this nice red wooden box, that opens (obviously) with a mirror and a stand for the necklace on the inside. She said the box was worth about $80.

I got the box and the necklace for $300.

I may be able to help your girlfriend with her hands. I have delicate skin, and have had problems with exema, chapped skin, and splitting fingers all my life. When I worked in the greenhouse, my hands were wet and cold all the time, and sometimes my fingers actually bled.
I have tried just about every product out there. I found that the steroid creams prescribed by the doctor just made my skin more sensitive, and actually made the exema worse.
There is a product called "bag balm" or "udder balm" that you can buy at a farm supply store, and perhaps even Walmart. It contains no perfumes or anything that can trigger allergies...and it's very soothing.
For split fingers, there is also a product called "liquid bandage" that you paint on like nailpolish, and it makes a waterproof bandage over the raw skin.

It may not sound like a very romantic gift, but if you put the items a pretty gift bag wrapped in colored tissue and add a pair soft warm gloves, I think she'll be very pleased. It's the sort of personal, thoughtful little gift that women love.

Well I got her some tulips that she got today, and I think im gonna get her a glass rose.

I'll be like... Hey, this is for when you've got no other flowers around.

Thanks for telling me... I'll definently tell her about it.

Constance I use udder cream too! I use it for my horses legs in winter and noticed that my hands got less chapped, winter sore and like a lady's hands again.....It looks funny though, the big 5 litre tub on a dressing table, lol.

Hope your GF has a nice B'day Gobo.

Alright so I finally got my stuff and finally got to see my girlfriend.

Here are the things I got her.

Attachments

• P1050641.JPG
    P1050641.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 188
  • P1050642.jpg
    P1050642.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 174
Back
Top Bottom