Birthday gift idea for my gf?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goboenomo

Head Chef
It's her birthday day on November 6th.
I don't know what to get her.
I got her a silver bracelet when I got back from a trip to British Columbia this summer.
And I got her a diamond/white gold necklace for our 6 months.

She can't wear rings cause she has egsima (sp.?)
And her ears arent pierces

She says all she wants is to be with me... but I dont believe that. Haha.

Don't know what kind of bracelet you gave her, but...

If this is going to be an on-going thing, why not give her a charm bracelet? You buy the chain and one charm for her birthday, and then as occasions arise, you give her another charm symbolic of the occasion.

Or ask her girlfriends what she really wants...

The bracelet i got her is a silver ringed bracelet with 5 silver hearts hanging off of it.

She doesnt have any girlfriends I know anymore cause she off at university and all her friends there are guys.

Thank you NancyG
You're getting me thinking.
I'm thinking one of those roses now.... A glass cut rose or something.

Send a dozen roses!!Jewelry is always a desired gift -take her out for a nice romantic dinner!!!!!! I have a feeling you will go out of your way for her and that in itself is a great "priceless" gift - Tell her Happy Birthday for me

The "I only want to be with you" is sincere when we girls say it, but lets face it, we do appreciate a gift too. Are you going to make her a birthday cake too? Jewelry is always lovely and it sounds as if she has appreciated your taste before, which is a huge commendation....not all guys choose good stuff you know!

goboenomo said:
The bracelet i got her is a silver ringed bracelet with 5 silver hearts hanging off of it.

She doesnt have any girlfriends I know anymore cause she off at university and all her friends there are guys.

Gobo, the bracelet sounds really nice. As for the eczema, I'm guessing it doesn't heal too well, because of the cold at the rink (it is ice speed skating, right?)

How about tickets to a concert? Or maybe you could make her a CD with all of hers and your favorite music on there (make sure to add in some of the music you play too)

I'm worried that all her friends are guys.

Reanie I will tell her happy birthday for you... thanks.

The next time I get to see her is on the 16th.... so 10 days late. Plus I'll be going to her, so I can't easily transfer a cake from my place to her school through all the bus and train rides ill be taking.

Yes, it is ice speed skating. It doesn't heal well at all. It gets very bad. She has to take medication for her hands everyday during the winter.
She has no preference in music. I asked her 1 band she likes, she said she doesnt know, she puts on a random radio station and listens to whatever.
I made her a cd with classical on it... she listens to it every now and then... but never on purpose, she does a shuffle on her mp3 player.

I'm not that worried about her friends all being guys. I trust her. There is this one guy though who is all over her, and we both know it.
He is always in her room when I'm talking to her, he's always helping her with physics and chemistry, so she cant tell him to go away.
A while ago she told me then if ever something comes up that relates to me, he'll never say anything good about me. Also there is a formal the weekend coming up, and he "offered" to take jillian to the dance if i didnt come.
She knows he's after her. She said the chances of either her leaving me, or dating him are slim to nil. So it should be fine.

I'll probably just take her out where ever she wants to go, grab some food, give her the gift and... go back to the dorm.

I gotta start thinking about getting her somethign for Hallmark day, and christmas, and our 1 year anniversary (february 16th).

Oye...

Dude trust me flowers always work. It isn't in the gift it is in the thought, trust me. She likes you for who you are , not for what you buy her.

You sound like such a sweetheart.

i brought a ring for my gf's last birthday and she was happy with it.I think if she really loves you buying anything doesnt really matter

Yeah, I know. But I'm gonna buy her stuff anyways.
I tell her I have to because it's in the "Guy Code"

jkath said:
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Be careful Gobo, your softie side is showing.:)

Er, um.

And then I punched him in the arm. And said "Hey man! That's my roast beef sandwich."

Since you are not going to see her on her Birthday I would definitely call a florist and send her flowers. As for a gift what about a cute jogging outfit that she can wear inside or outside and be very comfortable.

shpj4 said:
Since you are not going to see her on her Birthday I would definitely call a florist and send her flowers. As for a gift what about a cute jogging outfit that she can wear inside or outside and be very comfortable.

Hmm... Wow... That's a great idea...
Plus it'll keep her warm now that it's almost winter.

Thanks alot.

She says all she wants is to be with me... but I dont believe that. Haha.Believe her....Out of our 52 years of marriage and 6 years of dating I can count on one hand the gifts he gave me...gifts aren't important..feelings are. And then thy don't have to be spoken..you just know they are there.How old are you two? I was 14 1/2 and he was 18 and in the navy..very little money..that didn't make a difference to me. I loved him then and I love and miss him now..he has only been gone since Oct. 23 and one of the last things I said to him as we were on the way to the hospital was " I love you babe.." and then he was gone in 40 minutes. Love is a very special thing..cherrish it and each other. "Things" don't make a love stronger.Marge

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom