Birthday gift ideas from kids to Dad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One year, I had all the kids make handprints and footprints on heavy paper using bright tempra paint. They signed and I dated them (some of the kids were really young so could only make squiggles as a sig). I framed them with inexpensive, molded plexiglass frames and then every year after, they would do it again and I would put the new ones on top of the old ones. That way, he can take them out over the years and remember how quickly they grew. Of course, we've done lots of other things over the years bet he always mentions how much he loves those prints. They have hung on every office wall he's had over the years. HTH

At the pre school. I once let the children loose with a digital camera and they took pictures of the preschool. we then arranged them in a picture with their name as a centrepiece. I laminated these as a place mat.

We have also down the hand prints framing a favourite poem.

Make a clay ornament or desk item

Do you have one of those ceramic shops near you
where the kids can paint something? Those are fun. They could do a coffee cup
or photo frame or a special plate for daddy.

Old English aftershave, my dad's been getting it from me for 32 years...:LOL:

Seriously though, kinda like FM's idea, my boss has this putty/clay stuff with her daughter's hand prints in them in a hinged holder type thing and on the other side is a picture she drew. Granted she's 1 and it's just a bunch of scribbles, but it's cute.

Buy a t-shirt and some fabric paint and let them put footprints on the shirt. Date it and write on it "My kids walk all over me". The kids will have a hoot doing that and he will love it.

How about creating a "coupon" book (made on the computer) with coupons suggested by the little ones? Think about such things as "a story," "play a game," "walk in the park," etc.

Make the coupons colorful and decorated with XOXOXO and "lips" for kisses. You get the idea.

P.S. These coupons don't have expiration dates.:ROFLMAO:

I went one time and got a basic $8 dollar round clock. The clear cover pops off easily. Trace the circle on a piece of construction paper, and cut. Let the kiddos color the paper, then insert back into the clock. You can also put their pics where the numbers are, etc. Lots of possibilities! Then when Daddy checks the time, he always has something wonderful to look at!!!! :rolleyes:

I went one time and got a basic $8 dollar round clock. The clear cover pops off easily. Trace the circle on a piece of construction paper, and cut. Let the kiddos color the paper, then insert back into the clock. You can also put their pics where the numbers are, etc. Lots of possibilities! Then when Daddy checks the time, he always has something wonderful to look at!!!! :rolleyes:
This is a fantastic idea, Shannon! I think this will be a Father's Day gift this year. Thanks so much for posting this.

I rummaged most of the places where I thought I could get an idea about an ideal birthday gift, but was not impressed with the suggestions. So I shifted my focus on cooking thinking that maybe a good dish cooked by me would be appreciated, and here I got the idea for the perfect gift! Contrasting places but my purpose got served.

my wife took my son when he was 3 to a paint your own
pottery kind of place .. he painted me a coffee cup ..
best birthday present ever ..

Back
Top Bottom