Bite??? - Not For People With Foot Phobias

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fisher's Mom

Executive Chef
I wanted to see if someone here has had a spider bite (or other kind of bite) that looks anything like this. I woke up this morning with this on the top of my foot. It wasn't there last night. It looks like a big bruise but I don't remember injuring it or anything. It is totally painless. It has swollen a fair amount since I took this picture but it doesn't seem to be redder. I can't see any place in the middle of it that has a bite looking area. (Maybe I bumped it over the weekend during the renovating but I don't remember anything like that.) Sorry if the foot picture grosses anybody out.:(

Because of the purplish look it has, it could very well be a bite. From what, no telling. I would just watch it carefully. If you start feeling sick or feverish, go to er!

Because of the purplish look it has, it could very well be a bite. From what, no telling. I would just watch it carefully. If you start feeling sick or feverish, go to er!
Yeah, I was thinking it must be a bite because I think I would have remembered hitting it hard enough to bruise it like that.

I'd say a bruise of that size, especially if swollen, would be a bit tender to the touch. Does it itch at all?

No, it doesn't itch or hurt at all except that it has swollen a fair amount now so it feels "tight". I never bruise, but I have been on high dose aspirin for the past 2 months because I clot too fast so maybe I do bruise more easily now. But it really is completely painless. When I googled spider bites, all the bad ones said they really, really hurt so I'm thinking it's not like a terribly venomous bite, whatever it is.

I don't like feet but I'll get over it just this once for you! :)
DH had a mystery thing on the back of his neck last year, we chalked it up to spider bite too... never hurt, just itched.
Maybe a biting fly or something? They chew the crap out of lego girl. She's tasty.

I don't like feet but I'll get over it just this once for you! :)
DH had a mystery thing on the back of his neck last year, we chalked it up to spider bite too... never hurt, just itched.
Maybe a biting fly or something? They chew the crap out of lego girl. She's tasty.
Well, I can understand them biting Lego Girl - she's delicious!:)

I haven't been bitten but since I have been home I have had 4 small under the skin hard red bumps (on my legs and thigh) that start out very sore and itch to the point that I make them bleed and get red all around them. (diabetics are very susceptible to infections in a blink of an eye) No idea what they are.

I have had bites that look similar only mine were much larger, the entire back of my leg was red and puffy. The bite site gets tennis ball size. Then the relentless itching started but if you itch the area it spreads. It takes a month to heal, in the meantime it drains and still itches. Try a warm compress of epsom salts, it will have a drawing effect and the red won't spread. If you have any doubts, see a doctor. My spider visits every Spring and bites while I'm asleep. I become the Spiderbuster!

Yeah, I was thinking it must be a bite because I think I would have remembered hitting it hard enough to bruise it like that.

I'm always coming up with bruises like that on my feet, but I have neuropathy, so I don't always know when I've done it.
Still, it looks like a bruise to me. You may have hit a vein just right, or been so busy you just didn't notice. It always takes me 3-5 days for a bruise to show up.

I think that's a nice clean-looking foot.

Main thing I guess is to keep an eye on it for any more changes. Could it be some kind of allergic skin reaction? Like maybe something you had on your feet lately?

Thanks ya'll. I still don't know what it is but the swelling is much better today and most of the redness has turned kinda brown. Still not painful so I think I'm good. I'll watch it til it goes away. You guys are the best!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom