Black Bird Trivia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Loprraine

Executive Chef
Every spring we get black birds in the yard. They fight with the cats and scare off all the little birds, so I have never been partial to them. They also crap all along the side of the pool. Or so I thought. I always wondered how the crap was aligned so perfectly. Come to find out.... My brother was outside today and watched them. They don't crap by the pool, they are cleaning their nest. They land, it's in their beak, they drop it, and off they go. It's perfectly lined up along about 20 ft. Kudos to them for doing spring cleaning in their nest, but could they not go to my neighbours and drop it off there??:LOL:

Every spring we get black birds in the yard. They fight with the cats and scare off all the little birds, so I have never been partial to them. They also crap all along the side of the pool. Or so I thought. I always wondered how the crap was aligned so perfectly. Come to find out.... My brother was outside today and watched them. They don't crap by the pool, they are cleaning their nest. They land, it's in their beak, they drop it, and off they go. It's perfectly lined up along about 20 ft. Kudos to them for doing spring cleaning in their nest, but could they not go to my neighbours and drop it off there??:LOL:

Are they Crows ? I get Crows here, they are big ! Also Grackels.

Are they Crows ? I get Crows here, they are big ! Also Grackels.

we have mutant crows here in so. ca. i think they are huge from eating fast food that is spilled by people.

they are really scary, especially when they appear to dive at one.

they get on the roof of my sunroom. sounds like a herd of buffalo. my cat, thomas just goes crazy. he can hear em but can't see em and it drives him nuts.

babe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I put up my feeders when I moved down here in '99. It took those blackbirds about 2 weeks to torment every bird in the neighborhood. And yes, what a mess. :ohmy:
So my feeders are still sitting in the shed. :mad:

Guess it depends on where you live. Blackbirds around here are small and harmless. The only birds that do much are the mocking birds that will divebomb.

Blackbirds, grackels, and crows are all different critters.

I'll add starlings and sparrows to the list of undesirable birds along with blackbirds and grackels...they're downright nasty.

Crows are smart, at least, and they don't rob the songbirds' nesting places.

Mockingbirds, in my book, are wonderful birds to have around. It always amazes me how that little tiny brain can remember all those songs!

By the way, any bird will dive bomb your cats if they get to close to their nests.

any bird will dive bomb your cats if they get to close to their nests

Yup, their nest is in the neighbour's tree. One cat likes to sit on the fence and get real close. They are smaller than grackels, but just as noisy, and scare away all the smaller birds at the feeder. I'll have to find my bird book. Cleaned it all up yesterday, and today, there's more. All lined up in a neat row.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom