Black Friday Ads On-Line Already!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
My DH heard about this website and it's really cool. It somehow got its hands on the Black Friday ads for a lot of stores across the country. I didn't know we had shopping to do, but now DH has his whole strategy planned out, starting in the wee hours of the morning!:rolleyes: I think I'll let him fight the shoppers and I'll stay home and sleep!

Here's the site:
www.bfads.net

Very helpful site indeed. Unfortunately where I am, I cannot take advantage of it. Back home we used to have 'night owl' sales by a particular supermarket, for items like fresh salmon, prawns swimming in the tank etc. all going for a song and I used to drag DH along! Never mind if we have to end up giving some away. It's just for the fun of it! DH used to say that whenever there is a sale, I would always be right up front! It pays to be petite and agile!

I avoid Black Friday like the plague. Unfortunately, it is when DW and I go grocery shopping, and we go to Super Target. Hopefully since the grocery section is in its own area of the store, we won't be running over everyone. Check out should be interesting though . . . . . . *sigh*

Very cool site, however I had to stop looking b4 temptation got the best of me. I did Black Friday once a few years ago and swore off of it forevermore. I'm not big on that scene. Thanks for sharing tho!

I worked at a large discount store for 23 years. I was a checkout supervisor, so I have been through enough battles to last me a lifetime. Now that I am retired, I don't go anywhere near the store's on that day. I just sit at home and thank God that I don't have to be there. I still remember when there was the big fights over the Cabbage Patch dolls.:ermm:

Um, forgive the ignorant Canadian here. I get that its some kind of shopping thing, but why is it black?

Also Mudbug, hit Macy's, I hear it rocks. (Its also close to bucky's studio if I'm not mistaken)

Alix, I used to think it was called Black because of the crowds and lack of parking and so forth, but come to find out it really means the time when most retailers move into the "black" (i.e., profits) in a big way.

Alix said:
Um, forgive the ignorant Canadian here. I get that its some kind of shopping thing, but why is it black?

Also Mudbug, hit Macy's, I hear it rocks. (Its also close to bucky's studio if I'm not mistaken)

Mudbug is correct. It's called Black Friday because it refers to the day when a retailer turns from being unprofitable ("in the red") to being profitable ("in the black") for the year.
BC

Thanks for the link PA. I wouldn't dare go shopping on that day, but I can see why many would stay in line for hours to get the bargains if you have your mind set on a purchase.

I think DH has wised up and decided to only hit Staples--there's a really good sale on photo paper for our printer and we go through an awful lot now, sending pictures of Sofie to relatives, so it's a good time to stock up. I figure, if he wants to get up at 4 AM to do that, good for him. He just better not turn on any lights in the bedroom!:LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom