Blockbuster versus Netflix, what's your preference

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Okay, so I was with Netflix for a while and liked them but cancelled after movie burn out. Then I tried Blockbuster and the experience was horrific. They claimed I could exchange in store, but couldn't without having an instore and online account. That's not how the site explains it, it's not how the signs advertise it.

Anyone disappointed in Blockbuster and favor Netflix? I just want to rent some movies.

Netflix for us, especially since we are nowhere near a Blockbuster store and wouldn't have the option of returning items to a block-and-brick store. Have been Netflix customers for several years and couldn't be happier with the selection and their service.

Netflix for me. Turnaround is very quick. I can put a movie in the mail Monday by 4:30 (last mailbox check at my post office) and have another on Wednesday.

I was never a Blockbuster fan, even dealing with the stores. I usually go to a small chain called Movie Gallery down the street if I can't wait to see soemthing.

I used Netflix when they first started and continued using them for years until I moved to the UK. Great company, excellent service and as soon as I get home in June I'll be opening another account!!

Netflix. DH was terrible about returning movies to Blockbuster on time, so every time I went to rent one, I had to pay late fees! Like others have said, the turnaround is great.

Ive never had a blockbuster account. I don't know why but it turns me off.
We've had netflix for a couple years now and are very happy with it! Even when we were living 45 minutes out of town, our movies were delivered quickly.
Great selection and reasonable prices. I like how I get recommendations based on which movies I've rented. Who has the time (especially with young children who pull all the movies off the shelves) to browse for a good movie?

We rarely rent movies, so "neither". But when we do, we go to Blockbuster.
Had Netflix, but the movies would sit for days, then we would send them back.
Plenty on TV to watch... but then we are Food TV/Sci Fi/Discovery/TruTV/etc
fans....

I've been using Netflix for several years now and it works very well. I used to go to BlockBuster and had the same issues with late charges that some of you had. I've never had a movie get "lost" in the mail and the turnaround is very good in my experience. Also, the "Watch It Now" feature is great!

I've been with Netflix since 2000 but I did cancel for about a year in 2003 because of school and work. We also had a Blockbuster membership but only used that for local stores. As far as service, we've been very happy with Netflix's turnaround and the selections they offer, much much more than Blockbuster. Most of my friends are Netflix customers.

A close friend of mine decided to go with Blockbuster a couple of years ago because he liked the idea of being able to return it to the store and get quick turnaround. But he cancelled after 4 months because he said the selection sucked. He's really into jazz and Netflix offers a lot more genres and categories in music. For some reason, he said the turnaround is not as quick as me but I think it's because he rents a lot of DVDs that are not mainstream and seems to get shipped from outside of CA. I've had a couple of Indy movies that shipped from the mid-west and it does take an extra day or so to get here. But overall, it's been great for us.

Bleh on RedBox.......

The price is right, but the selection is small.

I do not like that you have to do all the work and that it takes away from the brick and mortar store model though.

Selection is usually pretty decent, most recent movies are on there.

No goofy contracts, and a lot cheaper than a Blockbuster. The "work" is pressing a couple buttons, pretty user-friendly, IMHO.

I love RedBox. We are watching Michael Clayton right now which we rented from RedBox. For a buck, how can you go wrong?

It is a DVD vending machine. They have them in our supermarkets here. The movies cost a dollar a day. Not a bad deal at all.

I saw some bait being sold in a vending machine before..... smelled like two week old worms around it :sick:
I suppose it's easier with DVDs ;)

Netflix for about 4 months. I like it even though somtimes the movies sit before I watch. It's my option and I like it :LOL:.
Disc, military, science, the "nat geo" (I hate that phrase), have gotten pretty stale IMO the past few months.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom