Blow bubbles for children young and old!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
I immediately thought of PA's Sofie and GB's Rach when I saw these great blow bubbles. They are called Zubbles and are blow bubbles that are in COLORS. They are non-staining and non-toxic and I WANT SOME!

Play the 2 minute video. They look like awesome fun.

Those look great, Katie! The problem here, though is that Sof loves to hold the bottle and the wand and you can imagine what happens awfully quickly--yep! A large puddle of bubble soap on the grass and none to blow bubbles with!:LOL: A sympathetic neighbor whose kids have outgrown bubbles donated a jumbo-sized bottle of cheapy bubble soap to our cause!

Rach is the same way PAB. We ended up buying her a bubble gun. It does not solve the problem, but it makes it a little better.

Katie E said:
I'll have to live vicariously through other youngsters.

You're kidding, right? You and Buck can sit on your porch and blow these delightfully colorful bubbles at each other and no one will be the wiser - except all of us :mrgreen:

COOL! I will have to go shopping today and see if we have them in our stores yet. I am sure the "kids" will love them.:rolleyes:

For inexpensive bubble "juice"--put about a cup and a half of Ultra Dawn dishsoap and 2 tablespoons of corn syrup into an empty gallon jug. Add water to fill the jug.

It works best if you let it age overnight before using, and it keeps forever, so you can refill those little bubble bottles.

The corn syrup makes the bubbles last longer. In the fall of the year, you may have trouble with yellowjackets or wasps being attracted to the syrup, so sub glycerin from the drug store, or just leave it out.

I do a 4-H school enrichment program on the physics of bubbles, and this is what I use.

They are soooo cool!!! I'm gonna have some sent to my nephews family is Houston. He has a boy and girl who would just LOVE them!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom