Blue Moon on Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Mother Nature is going to treat us to a second full moon of the month on Thursday.

When a full moon occurs in the beginning of a month, followed by another one near the end of the month, it's called a "blue" moon.

What a treat to have a full moon twice in one month! I hope you all can go outside on Thursday and enjoy the beautiful sight. They don't occur often. About every two years or so.

If it's a beautiful, clear evening in your area, I hope you enjoy!

Up!

Thanks for the info. Isn't it a shame I hardly ever take the chance to 'lookup'? Always involved in something 'downhere'. I appreciate this message as now I know there is special reason to lookup. Katie I don't think you miss too much! You take in the whole picture like we are supposed to do. Thank you.

If we happen to be drinking a Blue Moon while watching a blue moon we don't vaporize or anything do we? I have to be sure!!!! ;)

kitchenelf said:
If we happen to be drinking a Blue Moon while watching a blue moon we don't vaporize or anything do we? I have to be sure!!!! ;)

Strange things may happen Miss Elf. I don't think vaporizing is one of them however..So you may proceed!!

kitchenelf said:

"Vaporise" is Such a Harsh word don`t you think, consider it more like..... Disintegration :)

EDIT: Apparently painless too, at least no one`s ever come back to Complain.

Last edited:
I'm always out enjoying the views up there. The moon, the stars, the planets (when visible), the meteor showers. It's pretty interesting up there.

Thanks for the heads up Katie E ! I noticed the moon getting full last night, not much hope for tonight since it's raining, but thursday should be good for us in my area.

Oh, my, how beautiful. I just went outside before going to bed. The moon was absolutely beautiful. Full and glowing and awesome in the sky.

I was afraid we wouldn't have a good evening because we had rain earlier in the day and late into the afternoon. Everything was overcast until about 5 p.m. But, Mother Nature prevailed and we were treated to a luminous moonlit sky.

I hope others had the chance to enjoy this lovely sight.

"Good night moon!"

well I had a bath yesterday morning, so now I can Officially say "I had a bath once in a Blue Moon" :D

Lou and I have been waiting for that blue moon literally for months! It was gorgeous, hanging up there like a huge ball of fire. What a brilliant colour. Hope you all had time to get out there at least for a peek.

Did anyone see this? It was a bright orangey red, and then later on it had this really bright aura around it. SO pretty!

CherryRed said:
Did anyone see this? It was a bright orangey red, and then later on it had this really bright aura around it. SO pretty!

Like I said, it looked like it was on fire. Beautiful, and worth every bay.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom