Body predicting the weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
Does your body tell you bad weather is coming ? My right leg starts aching so bad, when snow is on the way , sometimes too when it is going to rain.

My grandfather (who broke his leg in war) would get shooting pains throughout his leg about 12 hours before rain would come. I've heard people who have broken bones have this 'ability', but I'd rather be pain free and watch the weather forecast :P

You Bet'cha!

We have a winter storm moving through right now, and I don't think I have a joint in my body that doesn't hurt, including fingers and toes. :huh:

Does anyone have a little cheese to go with my whine?

I don't think there has ever been any scientific evidence to support this but I know that since I developed mild arthritis in my hands and wrists, I can tell when it's going to rain. They ache. And when we're having cold weather, they really really start to hurt just before it rains.

I don't think there has ever been any scientific evidence to support this

Actually, there is scientific evidence to this effect.
Fact is, that when the barometer begins to fall, the gases in the body expand, putting more pressure on arthritic joints, pinched nerves, etc.

Actually, there is scientific evidence to this effect.
Fact is, that when the barometer begins to fall, the gases in the body expand, putting more pressure on arthritic joints, pinched nerves, etc.
Well there you go! I didn't know that about the gases but I sure know when it's going to rain! Thanks Connie!

The exciting thing about waking up is knowing you are going to have pain but waiting to find out what hurts the most...LOL
My hip replacement among other things let me know about a weather change..How can a metal part hurt???LOL

The only indication I have of weather is allergies, and also dry or humid weather really bothers me. Is there a perfect place that is perhaps 75 degrees year round without humidity or dry weather? I'll put up with it, I could never move to a place that does not have the four seasons!

:) I get really sleepy when the barometric pressure goes down.Nine out of ten times I can tell you if its up or down. When it is down all I want to do is nothing more than sleep.If its up I have a great burst of energy.

Oh yeah, no question that my sinuses predict weather, and unfortunately they're never wrong. Terrible problem to have. I sure feel for some of you with joint and arthritic pain, I know my time is coimin! How do you get relief?

When it is hot, I sweat... when it is cold, I get goose bumps. That is about the extent of my body detecting weather!

I can predict rain. Everyone of my family know it. (My mom ask me before going out that whether it will or not so she can carry an umbrella)

I get a particular odor of rain, may be it is raining in another district and approaching toward Calcutta.

I can predict rain. Everyone of my family know it. (My mom ask me before going out that whether it will or not so she can carry an umbrella)

I get a particular odor of rain, may be it is raining in another district and approaching toward Calcutta.
:) I also can smell rain even if it's not raining yet where I'm at.

9 knee surgeries, a back surgery and an ankle surgery later, yes, I can tell when it's going to rain, but not when it's going to snow.

But will he LISTEN? and wear his knee robot? No. Why? "Because it's a pain. You can't move around with it." So I set it up and he can't refuse. Now he's learning, tho...he doesn't fill the ice trays (it requires a gallon of ice). Little does he know I've got plans for him.... Lol

How about good and bad weather? My head is like a barometer. Well, really my sinuses. I get very distinctive sinus headaches when the atmospheric pressure goes up and overactive sinuses when the pressure goes down. :wacko:

Back
Top Bottom