"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 03-07-2006, 01:44 PM   #291
Master Chef

HI!
Good morning??? Day is almost over here... ;o) I will go over to the sofa soon, today is Tuesday and Tuesday is ER- Day
hope I will get Frank away from his desk.. he had been away this afternoon and still has some work to do....
Can't David wash his clothes by himself?? How old is he? (okay, I asked that in another thread, but it was way off topic... )

LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 02:07 PM   #292
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
hi,

Yes... he can wash his clothes but...
he's trying to save money so he just moved in to an appartment
without a washer and dryer. He comes here to wash now. He does it himself but, I like to spend the time that he's here with him and not doing anything else. Oh.. he's 21, 22 in June.

smiles, T

Old 03-07-2006, 02:12 PM   #293
Master Chef

I must admit, in my old flat I did it the same... and my Mom did everything.. I got it ironed and ready for the closet.. so did Frank..
but when we moved together we got a washing machine from our mothers.....
so.. and now I'm off to the sofa.. Emergency Romms starts
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-07-2006, 11:34 PM   #294
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi!

If anyone wants to come do my laundry for me, feel free! Our dryer broke about a year ago, and we don't have a clothesline. I have to hang everything from hangers on the shower rod. If I hang too much, they don't dry right and they end up smelling musty. Yuck. I have to iron a lot more now than when I had the dryer. Someday I will have another dryer. I can't wait!!!

Barbara
Old 03-08-2006, 02:05 PM   #295
Master Chef

hmm.. we don't have a dryer, either... but I think I can live without.... we have a clothing rack(?) and sometimes it stands in the bedroom.. or the living room... or in summer on the deck ;o)
Old 03-08-2006, 02:19 PM   #296
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hi,
When David was a baby
I had neither a washer or a dryer...
He was unable to wear disposable diapers!!!

I had to was and dry the cloth ones by hand...

I'm sorry but that was NOT fun!!!

Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 AM   #297
Master Chef

*puuuh* that sounds rather hard.. I can imagine you liked that!

Frank & I are away this weekend - again - this time visiting his Mom.. I must admit I would rather stay here...
Old 03-10-2006, 11:03 AM   #298
Chef Extraordinaire

hi,
Cara try to have some fun this weekend!!

We have SNOW!!
It's cold and icky. I'll be staying in.

smiles, T
Old 03-10-2006, 11:13 AM   #299
Master Chef

hi!
Thank god, all the snow that came down yesterday evening started melting away during the night... this morning it rained cats and dogs but now the sun is shining and the temperature is around 9°C (aroun 50°F)..
Old 03-10-2006, 11:16 AM   #300
Chef Extraordinaire

HI

50 sounds good to me. I'm not sure of the temp here
but...it's cold. The sky is turning blue though. I think it's
done snowing. Paulie is very disappointed.