"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-24-2005, 04:28 PM   #41
Contest Winner

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cara
HI
I can`t believe.... is it the way you act, james?
But Im sure.. we will think of you and be with you in the heart...
Hi ............ Cara, You know me better than that, If I was there They would be telling me to take a Break, But I did have you going didn't I....... LOL. LOVE JAMES

Old 10-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #42
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Hi! I do have to admit, Maidrite is pretty handy to have around!

Barbara

Old 10-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #43
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Hi all, I agree with you entirely Barbara! Where would DC be with out "our" Maidrite?!

Our weather is the pits here, autumn seems to following the same trend of summer and being very rainy and windy! I wonder what country gets the most rain in the world? Sometimes I honestly wonder if it isn't Ireland!!!

(P.S.
Thank-you soooo much to everyone who has said that they like my new user name, it means a lot to me! Only on this forum would people be so sweet!)

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:11 AM   #44
Master Chef

Hi!

Piccolina, I wonder sometimes if I live in the desert
We need rain so bad. Our lake is down almost 10 feet. It's really sad looking!! My husband has to mow down at the fish dock Hopefully, we'll get the rain that they are promising in the next week and it'll keep going for a while.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:09 AM   #45
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Hi Texasgirl,I am sorry to hear that! I wish that could send you some of our rain - you could have it by the ton if that was possible! I will keep my fingers crossed for you that you get some rain very soon!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Old 10-25-2005, 09:15 AM   #46
Master Chef

I hope we get it. Seems like anytime they say we are going to get rain, it doesn't and when it not suppose to, we get storms. I just hope when it decides to rain, it's not freezing

At least it finally feels like winter. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas time.
Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 AM   #47
Executive Chef

HI, I love the fall and autumn holiday season too! Minus perhaps the cost and stress of it, I'd love it if there was a holiday to celebrate every month of the year!

Old 10-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #48
Master Chef

hi!
I don`t want to talk about the weather anymore.. I liked the autumn last week.... dry and sunny, warm in the sun but cold everywhere else... but now.... rain.. wind... about 11C..
Frank and I will go to the chinese restaurant around the corner soon to celebrate his birthday!!!
LiGruess cara ~~~ Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 06:14 PM   #49
Contest Winner

Wink

Hi ! Cara, Tell Frank Happy Birthday from All of Us at DS. We are so Glad you are Here ! Can I go to Dinner with you too ?
Old 10-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #50
Executive Chef

Hi all, not to take away from Frank's birthday (happy b-day Frank!), but I'm worried about the bird flu. Now I am not one of those folks who bought into the Y2K thing, I didn't start wearing a mask when SARS hit, etc - but it seems that every day another news report states that it has shown up in another European (or Asian country). Last week DH and I made the choice to stop buying and eating any poultry (farmed or game) to be on the safe side. Tonight he (DH) read on an Italian news site (I think) that it is being recommened by experts in Brussels that the consumption of eggs stops too! I'm usually the first one to say "relax, no worries", but this time I am worried because it is showing up so close to Ireland....Guess I'm just wondering how everyone else is feeling about this issue....