Book Suggestions please! I'm loading my Kindle!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just don't make the mistake i made on vacation one time--getting so entranced with my reading adventure that i missed some magnificent pacific coast marvels along the path of our travels. for this reason i am NOT recommending isaac assimov's foundation series for your vacation reads.... :)

LOL! I have a very LONG plane ride to contend with on both ends of the trip so I suspect there will be time for a good engrossing read there. The foundation series sounds familiar. Is it fairly old? I may have read it some time ago if so. My SF days were about 20 years ago. I still pick one up once in a while, but not as often these days.

Sharon, I'm only gone one week, but I typically read at least one book a day, sometimes more on holiday.

Thanks for the Dick Francis recommendation. Do you have a particular title for me? I haven't been inspired by his stuff but I'm always willing to try a recommendation.
There are two that are food and wine related... "Proof" (about a wine merchant who helps investigate the hijacking of trucks carrying spirits) (a personal favorite), and a later one, "Dead Heat" about a caterer who must prove that the people who died at a race gathering weren't poisoned by his food.
Two other favorites that come to mind are "Flying Finish" and "In the Frame."

LOL! I have a very LONG plane ride to contend with on both ends of the trip so I suspect there will be time for a good engrossing read there. The foundation series sounds familiar. Is it fairly old? I may have read it some time ago if so. My SF days were about 20 years ago. I still pick one up once in a while, but not as often these days.

Yeah, that's long enough ago that you could have read Foundation. I just looked up Asimov - he's been dead for nearly 20 years!

Okay, now I found it: Foundation series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sheer Reading Pleasure

Good Afternoon,

From my viewpoint, recommending books could be quite subjective. However, here is a historical classic war drama that I could not put down:

Author: Nicholas Monsarrat

Title: The Kappillan Of Malta

The story takes place during WWII 1940 - 1942, Malta, and tells the historical novel of a young Maltese woman and an allied Pilot during profoundly bitter times.

Have nice wkend,
Margi Cintrano.

jabbur, I downloaded the Grimm curse. Looking forward to it.

Now the hard part will be to NOT read all these til I'm on holidays! I'll post the books I picked in a bit. I'm still making final selections.

Alix you're probably going to be set for reading material until at least mid-summer, without any need to load anything more until then.

Just curious, could you say how many you've bought and how many you've found free access to? I'm thinking about my motivation to buy a reader myself.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom