Boston Market to take salt off table, cut sodium in 3 dishes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's one thing for a fast-food place to reduce the salt in the food itself - that's a good idea, for the people who are sensitive to salt. To remove it from the tables, though, is condescending, as if they know what's right for everyone.

I couldn't agree more, GG!! I'd go even further to say I think it's down right offensive for them to play the "mother" card. How they prepare their food is one thing, but if I want to use extra salt it's my business, not theirs.:censored:

Don't care for BM. There are a few in my neck o' the woods. Went in once (after a doc's appt.) to take something home. The food looked a little pricey, small portions, & not much of a selection. I walked out w/ nothing. They also make frozen food (TV-like dinners). The portions are small & not very tasty. When I eat at a place w/ condiments on the table, I don't expect much. I think it's a publicity stunt to try to get people to eat there. It's a chain that has too much competition, & probably wont stay in business. Salt or no salt, I'll pass.

Last edited:
I applaud Boston Market for this policy.

Food should be salted to individual taste. One can always add salt as one desires but cannot remove it at the table.

Taking the salt shakers off the table is just silly and an inconvenience to the consumer.

I couldn't agree more, GG!! I'd go even further to say I think it's down right offensive for them to play the "mother" card. How they prepare their food is one thing, but if I want to use extra salt it's my business, not theirs.:censored:
I do agree with you about this. It wouldn't bother me if there wasn't a shaker on the table though, as long as there are packets available with the other condiments.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom