"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-12-2019, 05:12 PM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Boston Mayhem?

So tonight the Boston Bruins are going for the Stanley Cup. Of course I hope they win. And right now a lot of the streets are restricted to no foot traffic. Streets where there have been major trouble before when a major sports trophy has been one.

If the Bruins come through tonight and win, it will make for three champion ships in one sport year. That means another parade. And it will be the seventh time the Bruins has brought the cup home.

Good luck to the Bruins.

Old 06-12-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
Master Chef

Well, you won't have to worry about another parade. The Bruins lost. Sorry (not really, just being nice).

CD

Old 06-12-2019, 11:00 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm not going to be nice, cd. I'm kinda happy that Boston sports fans finally get a taste of what it's like for so many fan of other teams.

After years of berating Yankee fans for being so smug about winning, Boston fans have become THOSE kind of fans. Not everyone, of course, but enough of them. Some were booing the Blues tonight right from their seats when the hockey game was over. Sore losers.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you. ~ BB King
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 12:48 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
I'm not going to be nice, cd. I'm kinda happy that Boston sports fans finally get a taste of what it's like for so many fan of other teams.

After years of berating Yankee fans for being so smug about winning, Boston fans have become THOSE kind of fans. Not everyone, of course, but enough of them. Some were booing the Blues tonight right from their seats when the hockey game was over. Sore losers.
The battle between the Yankee and the Sox is older than me almost.

A couple of years ago, down in Yarmouth on Cape Cod, a New Yorker had a Yankee sticker on his car. Unfortunately for him, a couple of very ignorant stupid people beat him to death because he was a Yankee fan. They both were found guilty of First Degree Murder. Life with no parole. And they deserved it. Both family men with kids. I hope they have live a nice long time to think about what they did. They were both in their late 20's.