"Boxing Day"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A woman from australia told me boxing day is for the day after christmas when everyone is throwing out their boxes. It sounded kind of odd to me, any truth to this or did i get bamboozled?

Love my Boxing Day and the sales, don't know what I would do with out it! Time to get over the festivities and into the shopping, lol. Some great bargains to be found. And it is a great time to recover from the overeating too :)

Hope everyone had/has a great Boxing Day!!!

Thanks :) this is the first time i have heard anyone say Happy Boxing day :)

We went on a nice picnic on boxing day - for us it was yesterday :)

some people say someone invented a box on boxing day and the the lid was invented on the 1st of June...i would be more than happy to have a public holiday on the 1st of June to honour the maker of the lid for the box ;)

I always have a little giggle about Boxing Day sales. I tell folks that all the Ukrainians are the smart ones, we do all our Christmas shopping during the Boxing Day sales for Ukrainian Christmas.

TJ, QSIS asked me about the origins of Boxing Day on another thread a couple of days ago - http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f29/christmas-idea-41347-2.html

Our post-Christmas sales only started today. All the "Sunday drivers" were on the road today - drifting into lanes, going dramatically under the current speed and/or speed limit for no apparent reason, deciding to block multiple lanes of traffic because they couldn't decide which they wanted. I was so glad that I didn't have an allotted time to be at my destination, it was very frustrating driving. Couldn't get parking at the shopping centres. Luckily the food stores had ample parking - which is all I really needed!

Thanks all for the warm wishes! Ozzies, as I'm sure Rom and Em will agree, will have a public holiday for all the Saints Days if at all possible!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom