"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 05-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #11
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Michelemarie
The bracelets are beautiful as is your niece and you! What a blessing she is - and she is blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 AM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl
Angie, the bracelets are gorgeous and you cause is heart warming!! I have already seen Mayson. She is just beautiful. I'm going to go check out more of the bracelets on the link. Your doing a very good thing!!!
I would love to have some of the purples ones. I could give them to my family at Christmas in memory of my mom. Please let me know when you start selling them. I really like the 3rd one down with the heart and ribbon on the bracelet. Also the charm bracelet at the end. You could maybe find some hearts with writing, like, survivor, in remembrance, etc... I would love that.

I absolutely LOVE to make these and can start anytime. I sit and undo a lot of my own stuff and string it to make it different, just because I want to "play" with my beads!!

If you go to www.fusionbeads.com and click on the Swarovski link on the left side, you can see all the colors they have to offer. If I get my stuff locally, I can't get all the colors shown. If you want something not available in town, I can order them from here but it will take a little longer since I can't just run up the street to get my stuff!

If my sister and I start to get orders for these, we will order our supplies on line which will drive the cost down. Right now, I think they cost me close to $30 each to make. The charm was $3 and four of the large sterling beads were $3 as well (they come four to a package).

Just let me know what you want and I can make it!

Old 05-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #13
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Very nice! And the picture quality is very good too!
You have a good heart. Thank you for sharring this. You have made my day.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:44 PM   #14
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC, Angie - if I missed you coming in the door

Kudos to you! Lovely bracelets and a worthy cause.

I used to make jewelry, as one of my many hobbies, years ago -- earrings, necklaces, ankle bracelets, toe rings and hand beaded/studded/rhinestoned garments (jeans T-shirts etc.). The shop I frequented for my supplies moved too far for me to get to.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics with us. You may have inspired me to get back into it again.
Old 05-13-2006, 01:48 PM   #15
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by mish
Welcome to DC, Angie - if I missed you coming in the door

Kudos to you! Lovely bracelets and a worthy cause.

I used to make jewelry, as one of my many hobbies, years ago -- earrings, necklaces, ankle bracelets, toe rings and hand beaded/studded/rhinestoned garments (jeans T-shirts etc.). The shop I frequented for my supplies moved too far for me to get to.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics with us. You may have inspired me to get back into it again.
Thank you! I joined a few months ago but didn't become very active until just recently!

I am very addicted to beading. I love it...keeps me busy and out of trouble

Actually, I was going to go to school to become a jeweler, right out of high school. I kind of wish I would have, but I wouldn't be with my husband right now if I would have.

You'll have to post pictures of your new creations!
Old 05-14-2006, 09:49 PM   #16
Head Chef

WOW. I just posted the pictures on two DS forums and have 4 orders already!
Old 05-15-2006, 03:28 PM   #17
Master Chef

Lovely, and not difficult to make! I, too, am a beader (I specialize in needlework type beadwork and repair of beaded peices of sentimental value). You could actually teach a class to make this peice and use any profit for the charity. With the ribbon being an almost universal symbol, you'd have to find it in a variety of colors. When encouraging people to try it, I'd think of using Czech fire-polished glass rather than Swarovski. As beautiful as the latter is, most people prefer to experiment with less expensive goods.