Bracelets I made

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angie

Head Chef
I have a baby niece with Down Syndrome. This child amazes me and she's only 12 weeks old.

These are the bracelets I made for Down Syndrome Awareness...two different ones.

Sorry for the photo quality, I have a crappy camera.

This ones has 4mm and 6mm smooth sterling beads and 6mm Swarovski crystals in bright colors with a sterling heart toggle and a sterling awareness ribbon.

img_268827_0_f0dfbc6a1b9a3eec31d3fed13692e044.jpg

img_268827_1_6e7adce679c9cf343dec5bcc80bc5469.jpg

This one has 4mm and 6mm "stardust" sterling beads and 8mm Swarovski crystals in pastel colors with a sterling round toggle and a sterling awareness ribbon.

img_268827_2_40910ed0707232c7ccaf9b9f726a6845.jpg

img_268827_3_c38f7f4bfe1b44fdce9516303ac37b23.jpg

Beautiful! What a wonderful person you are. I have a 39 year old son who is mentally handicaped and a nephew on DH's side with Downs. Thank you for you lovely work.:)

Thank you. I am VERY proud to be her aunt. You can see her in the Members Photos.....We are blessed to have her one extra chromosone!

Yes, my sister and I plan to make some to sell if we get orders. These are MINE. MINE ALL MINE! LOL!!! There is a link somewhere that shows all the different colors for awareness causes...cancers, animals, you name it....I can make the bracelets to fit anyone's causes.

My sister will post them on the two DS forums we visit as well.

wasabi said:
Mayson is beautiful!

Thank you so much. I cherish every minute I get with her. Thankfully, my sister and her family live only 20 minutes away. Mayson is lucky to have an older brother (11yrs) and sister (8yrs), and a stay at home mom.

She is progressing as any "normal" 12 week old child would. She has not passed any of her hearing tests but trust me, that child can hear!:LOL: She giggles now...LOVES stripes and plaids, laughs at them! She also laughs at my sister's headboard. It's the cutest thing.

I know she can hear, I was talking to her on the phone and she was responding.

She's my blessing.

Last fall I came across some small Acorns and their bead like appearence gave me an idea. I took a triangular streight tip leather or canvas needle and moving it pressed the needle into the Acorn till it started coming through the other side. I then reversed the needle going through the side it was coming out of and pulling the threaded needle which was knotted at one end to keep the Acorms from sliding off the rest of the way through. When I had pulled the Artificial Sinew/Waxed Nylon all the way through and had strung an Acorn I put a Pony Bead on it. I then drilled and added another Acorn Bead and kept repeating untill I had about
28 Acorns and 28 Pony Beads and tied and carefully burned the Nylon thread to keep it from unraveling. I then had myself an Acorn necklace. By putting it on a hat or your head and twisting it you get a hat or head band. You can also count 4 Acorn and on the 4th Pony Beads twist the necklace creating a Pendent in it, About 55 or so Acorns and Pony Beads will make you an Acorn Belt burn the ends and loop twist it like a sash to keep it on. You can use 12 - 14 Acorns to make a wrist or ankle bracelet twisting to tighten.
You can use the same method you used to drill the Acorns with a triangle leather or canvas needle to drill Sea Urchen spines for necklaces or bracelets, as well as to drill pencils to hang.
You can also drill green Buck Eye nuts.
I had found more uses for Acorns. At least the squirrels haven't chased me when I wear Acorns.

Last edited:
Angie, the bracelets are gorgeous and you cause is heart warming!! I have already seen Mayson. She is just beautiful. I'm going to go check out more of the bracelets on the link. Your doing a very good thing!!!
I would love to have some of the purples ones. I could give them to my family at Christmas in memory of my mom. Please let me know when you start selling them. I really like the 3rd one down with the heart and ribbon on the bracelet. Also the charm bracelet at the end. You could maybe find some hearts with writing, like, survivor, in remembrance, etc... I would love that.

Last edited:
texasgirl said:
Angie, the bracelets are gorgeous and you cause is heart warming!! I have already seen Mayson. She is just beautiful. I'm going to go check out more of the bracelets on the link. Your doing a very good thing!!!
I would love to have some of the purples ones. I could give them to my family at Christmas in memory of my mom. Please let me know when you start selling them. I really like the 3rd one down with the heart and ribbon on the bracelet. Also the charm bracelet at the end. You could maybe find some hearts with writing, like, survivor, in remembrance, etc... I would love that.

I absolutely LOVE to make these and can start anytime. I sit and undo a lot of my own stuff and string it to make it different, just because I want to "play" with my beads!!:LOL:

If you go to www.fusionbeads.com and click on the Swarovski link on the left side, you can see all the colors they have to offer. If I get my stuff locally, I can't get all the colors shown. If you want something not available in town, I can order them from here but it will take a little longer since I can't just run up the street to get my stuff!:LOL:

If my sister and I start to get orders for these, we will order our supplies on line which will drive the cost down. Right now, I think they cost me close to $30 each to make. The charm was $3 and four of the large sterling beads were $3 as well (they come four to a package).

Just let me know what you want and I can make it!:)

Welcome to DC, Angie - if I missed you coming in the door :)

Kudos to you! Lovely bracelets and a worthy cause.

I used to make jewelry, as one of my many hobbies, years ago -- earrings, necklaces, ankle bracelets, toe rings and hand beaded/studded/rhinestoned garments (jeans T-shirts etc.). The shop I frequented for my supplies moved too far for me to get to.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics with us. You may have inspired me to get back into it again.

mish said:
Welcome to DC, Angie - if I missed you coming in the door :)

Kudos to you! Lovely bracelets and a worthy cause.

I used to make jewelry, as one of my many hobbies, years ago -- earrings, necklaces, ankle bracelets, toe rings and hand beaded/studded/rhinestoned garments (jeans T-shirts etc.). The shop I frequented for my supplies moved too far for me to get to.

Thank you for sharing the beautiful pics with us. You may have inspired me to get back into it again.
Thank you! I joined a few months ago but didn't become very active until just recently!:LOL:

I am very addicted to beading. I love it...keeps me busy and out of trouble :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I was going to go to school to become a jeweler, right out of high school. I kind of wish I would have, but I wouldn't be with my husband right now if I would have.

You'll have to post pictures of your new creations!

WOW. I just posted the pictures on two DS forums and have 4 orders already!

Lovely, and not difficult to make! I, too, am a beader (I specialize in needlework type beadwork and repair of beaded peices of sentimental value). You could actually teach a class to make this peice and use any profit for the charity. With the ribbon being an almost universal symbol, you'd have to find it in a variety of colors. When encouraging people to try it, I'd think of using Czech fire-polished glass rather than Swarovski. As beautiful as the latter is, most people prefer to experiment with less expensive goods.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom