Bragging Rights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
I enjoy all the thread posts that talk about success with something, whether it's your own or someone you love. It would be cool to have a thread with just the "feel good" news so that we can have a place to boast :w00t: a little. I know I'd come back to reread some of the stories if I was having a tough time with something else. Like an on-call cheering section. ;) What do you say? Ready to start bragging?

I caught my first tube today. Whoa.

:LOL: (sorry, leftover thoughts from another thread, but bragging nonetheless)

Oh-Kay pac...I must have missed that thread. :ermm: Since I know Lake Erie is not known for awesome surfing waves WHAT in tarnation is a tube and why would you want to catch it? :question: Translate, please? Oh, and congrats! :)

Well, I am bragging on the Boston Bruins. They just won 2-0. Game three. Two games to one! Yea! :angel:

I'm going to brag tonight because I made my first chicken parmesan from scratch. I don't normally eat it & I never breaded anything before. I used Chef Robert Irvine's recipe but I didn't use the amount of parmesan cheese that he called for. Instead I used a little bit of shredded mozzarella & parmesan cheese mixed together.

I made my easy, from scratch, spaghetti sauce & everything I touched today turned to gold!

I'm going to brag tonight because I made my first chicken parmesan from scratch. I don't normally eat it & I never breaded anything before. I used Chef Robert Irvine's recipe but I didn't use the amount of parmesan cheese that he called for. Instead I used a little bit of shredded mozzarella & parmesan cheese mixed together.

I made my easy, from scratch, spaghetti sauce & everything I touched today turned to gold!

Good for you. :angel:

My daughter is 19. Just finished her first year of post secondary. She worked so hard and really earned that GPA. Other daughter is 17 and just finishing grade 11, doing exams the next two weeks.

(Thanks Addie. I'm nowhere near as smart as my kiddos)

opps, I must have read the post wrong, I could have sworn you said son, sorry.

That's great that they do so well, hopefully all their hard work will pay off

I'm going to brag tonight because I made my first chicken parmesan from scratch....I made my easy, from scratch, spaghetti sauce & everything I touched today turned to gold!

Isn't that one of the best feelings in the world? To make something to eat and it turns out deliciously. Congrats, and on to other meals. ;)

My kid got on the dean's list. 3.7 GPA. Busting my buttons.

Great news Alix! The first year of college is hard enough, so that is doubly impressive. Congratulations to her.

I have to brag a little about Himself. He's not much of a putter-er, but he will play around with his plethora of tools on occasion. Once upon a time I got a really nice, long-handled olive wood coffee scoop from Green Mountain Coffee. After years of use the bowl part snapped off the handle. :(

Enter my own "Woodrow the Woodsman" guy. He got a piece of wood off our firewood stack - oak! Then went down the basement to "play with his saw". OK, I knew he was doing that because he'd show me the small boards and other pieces he was cutting and planing. But even after the saw was silent he'd still vanish to the basement for longer than it should take to grab a bottle of pop. Whatever.

Yesterday night he comes up out of the basement and hands me this coffee scoop he made. :yum: The bowl is a little rough (oak is REALLY hard!) but it measures a tablespoon exactly. It's one of the sweetest things he's done lately. :wub: Bet the coffee will taste smoother too. ;)

It's those little things that matter so much.

My friend knows I always have an it just back and how I would always break my back scratchers so he made me one out of solid oak. He passed away a few years back and I think of him every day when I am using his back scratcher. I think it was made as a kind of joke but it means the world to me

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom