Breakfast: it's just not at breakfast anymore!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cooking Goddess

Chef Extraordinaire
When I am eating out, just to eat, not because I wanted to eat out, I often prefer breakfast. When I was a bartender, a bunch of staff would go to a resto after work most nights. Lots of us had breakfast.

Yes, when I was a bartender, one of our favorite places was Perkins, at 2 am, for breakfast.

Yes, when I was a bartender, one of our favorite places was Perkins, at 2 am, for breakfast.
2 AM :ermm:, we were lucky to get to a resto by 3:30 AM. Closing at 3, chase out the stragglers, clear the tables, load the dishwasher, count the cash, you get the picture.

We all know how nice it is to do breakfast-for-supper some nights. Apparently, a LOT of people think B-F-S is a good idea.

"A recent survey from the National Restaurant Association found that 70 percent of Americans want restaurants to serve breakfast all day."

I guess that 70% doesn't realize how quick, easy, and cheap you can make breakfast at home. I know I can make a whole lot of eggs and bacon for the $10 some places charge. However, I just can't make muffins like they do at Bill's.

I'm with ya on that, I sub eggs for meat as a protein pretty often, like I did in this evening's dinner thread with Egg Foo Yung. I like my eggs and bacon best at home be it breakfast, lunch or dinner....but every now and then it's nice to eat out. Not at McD's though. :LOL:

The muffins at Bill's in your link had my mouth watering...especially the pecan ones...:yum:

Last edited:
I don't think "breakfast" when I cook up some eggs. The what have you had for breakfast lately thread shows what I do with eggs. ...

Put me down for breakfast around the clock!!!

In my kitchen eggs are a convenience food and budget balancer from my childhood. If we were short of time or money my mother would "do an egg" for dinner or toss a couple of hard boiled eggs into our lunch bag with a piece of folded waxed paper containing salt and pepper to dip the eggs into.

I'm a big fan of an Aunt Bea version of this recipe posted by Steve. I have made it with leftover dribs and drabs of tomato based pasta sauce and commercial salsa. It makes a great breakfast, brunch or dinner, I wish I could enjoy it with some rustic crunchy toast!

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f104/it-must-be-tuesday-oct-28-2014-a-91355.html#post1395519

I'm one of those weirdos who likes to eat lunch and dinner food for breakfast like pasta, chicken, grilled cheese, etc. I'm not a big fan of breakfast foods, but I do like doughnuts, muffins, french toast, and pancakes. I guess if I had to eat breakfast, I do make good breakfast sandwiches.

I'm with you ChefAlex! I love cold pasta, pizza, roast, or whatever we had for dinner the night before. People tend to do 'breakfast for dinner' but I'd rather do 'dinner for breakfast'. Why not?

Back
Top Bottom