Breaking News.... another school shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree, but unfortunately the press is going to report whatever news they can get.

I honestly think there should be laws that either 1.) prevents law enforcement from releasing the names of these sick and evil people, or 2.) prevents the press from reporting it. If the names aren't released, the shooter remains shrouded in obscurity forever. I know people would cry foul and complain about "freedom of the press" being stifled, but these shooters seem to commit their crimes for publicity or notoriety. If they are deprived of that, maybe there would be fewer of these senseless acts.

Beyond that, I have no words to offer that haven't already been said. It's truly sad beyond belief that there are individuals out there who can be so callous about taking loved ones away from innocent people - people who did nothing to this guy. It's the epitome of selfishness and cowardice.

I whole heartedly agree.

They just said on the news that he killed his mother (a teacher at the school) at home before he went to the school.

The latest news shows that the mother was not a full-time employee at the school. They aren't sure why that had been reported*. She may have subbed at the school, but she's not in their database.

*I think reporters are in such a hurry to scoop the others that someone may have thrown it out there as a possibility and they ran with it, hoping they had made the right guess.

The latest news shows that the mother was not a full-time employee at the school. They aren't sure why that had been reported*. She may have subbed at the school, but she's not in their database.

*I think reporters are in such a hurry to scoop the others that someone may have thrown it out there as a possibility and they ran with it, hoping they had made the right guess.

One of the authorities stated that the news media needs to be sure of their information. They found out what the last name was of the shooter and reported it with the wrong first name. The facebook page of that unfortunate person was inudated with filth and hate. They have air time to fill and just throw anything out there, right or wrong. I tried to listen to Fox News. They were all acting like this was so exciting. They had some real news to report. After ten minutes I changed channels. I couldn'ttake anymore. :angel:

This is so horrible. My heart goes out to that community. I am concerned that it is being widely reported that the murderer had a form of autism. It seems to be offered as some sort of explanation for his actions. I don't know that much about autism but I know that most autistic people do NOT going on shooting rampages. I hope we don't start treating autistic people like pariah.

One of the authorities stated that the news media needs to be sure of their information. They found out what the last name was of the shooter and reported it with the wrong first name. The facebook page of that unfortunate person was inudated with filth and hate. They have air time to fill and just throw anything out there, right or wrong. I tried to listen to Fox News. They were all acting like this was so exciting. They had some real news to report. After ten minutes I changed channels. I couldn'ttake anymore. :angel:

I gave up on Fox news a long time before this. In my opinion, they feed on sensationalism most of the time. For those who think that network is great, I repeat, this is my opinion. As far as Facebook is concerned, yet another reason I stay out of there. I have a common name that certainly could be confused with another.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wear Green and White....

...on Monday in silent support of the Newtown Community. Like everyone here, my heart is simply broken over the stupidity in this act of violence.

MMYAP, autistic people, like everyone else, come in all forms, and the spectrum is huge. I would hope that no one would judge anyone based on a simple diagnosis.

Attachments

• Green&white.jpg
    Green&white.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom