Breaking News.... another school shooting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Anyone who believes in prayer, now is the time.

Sigh........18 little children and 8 adults were shot to death at an elementary school in Newtown Ct. this morning.

There just are no words to express the sadness and outrage.

I am so sickened and saddened by this. I just read that the shooter's mom is a teacher at the school and many of the victims were apparently her students. :mad::(

I just simply do not understand what in the world is happening anymore. My God .. what did those children do to deserve what happened to them?

This is just so friggin' sad I can't find the words.

Prayers and comfort going out to all involved - even the shooter's family because they also need comfort.

:(

The season of peace and joy and the festival of lights...crap, ruined for so many. This is just horrible. I want to offer comfort to everyone who needs it right now, but at the moment, I'm still in shock and I'm mad. I'm so freaking mad that someone could be so selfish and cruel. I will get to a better place, but right now I want to kick something.

I have been listening to this horrific story unfold all morning. My heart is sick, I have shed many tears even though I cannot begin to imagine the anguish of these parents. My prayers are offered for some sort of relief from the nightmare they are now experiencing. Peace be with all who are touched by this tragedy.

I just hope the Press has the good sense and decency to leave the parents alone who have lost a child. My heaart aches for every parent. Having lost a child, I know where they are right now and in the future. The last question I would want to answer is, "How are you feeliing right now?"

I wish I could put one for each victim, but I am only allowed so many.

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

I listened to the President's speech. It has to be one of the best speeches he has ever made. If you can catch it, then listen and watch. He was crying. :angel:

And more for the kids. :angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:

Last edited:
Just saw this on Facebook, from Storypeople.com

img_1217838_0_d7b5e1ed0b2ba45cfe251ef4d993948c.jpg

I just hope the Press has the good sense and decency to leave the parents alone who have lost a child. My heaart aches for every parent. Having lost a child, I know where they are right now and in the future. The last question I would want to answer is, "How are you feeliing right now?"

I wish I could put one for each victim, but I am only allowed so many.

:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel::angel:
The press has already messed up big time. They found a boy on Facebook who has the same name as the shooter and published his picture. Apparently the boy has been flooded with messages on his FB account. I can only imagine some of the stuff people have been saying.

Also I read that reporters were asking some of the injured victims about how the bodies were positioned in the classroom or hallway. I can't remember exactly what was asked, but it was disgusting that they did that.

I am praying for all the families of the victims. Any time of the year is bad for something like this, but you know those families have presents under the tree for those children, and it will be heart-wrenching for them as they clear away the holiday things. :(

Ya know the press is a double edged sword anymore.

Their job is to report the news ... and that's it .. plain and simple.

Sadly they take it upon themselves to invade the privacy of people at a huge cost .. the facebook thing is a good example.

Wth do they think will be gained by confronting a grieving relative?

Times like this .. the press should be muzzled and restrained. It's just too much anymore.

Take the information that is being provided and stop making things up and stop upsetting an already horrific situation.

I know what it is like to lose a child .. and trust me .. the last thing you need is some friggin' moron press person in your face !

I feel so bad for all the friends and families and actually the entire community. There just simply aren't words to sooth the souls. I just hope this will not turn into a circus .. it's the last thing everyone needs.

I have always been grateful that my daughter's murder never made the news. She left five children and I can't imagine how my oldest granddaughter would have handled it. I had to take her out of school because of she kept hearing kids say, "I hate my mother/father. I wish he/she were dead." Something all kids say at one time or another. You cannot imagine what murder of a child does to you.

When my daughter was murdered, I went into shock for the first three days. I don't even remember them. It was a holiday weekend and they didn't release the body until the following Tuesday. She was killed on a Friday afternoon. I think I spent that time at my oldest daughter's house. Along with my oldest granddaughter. I have never asked.

How do these families that have other children at home give those kids a Christmas? When they have just buried a child. So many questions are running through my mind. How do you assure any child you still have at home and went to that school that they are safe? How? How? How? :angel:

I spend a lot of time in CT. Newtown is about 1 hour from where I go. I am so very, very, very sorry for the families, citizens of Newtown, friends, and those who have to deal with this tragedy.

Ya know the press is a double edged sword anymore.

Their job is to report the news ... and that's it .. plain and simple.
I agree, but unfortunately the press is going to report whatever news they can get.

I honestly think there should be laws that either 1.) prevents law enforcement from releasing the names of these sick and evil people, or 2.) prevents the press from reporting it. If the names aren't released, the shooter remains shrouded in obscurity forever. I know people would cry foul and complain about "freedom of the press" being stifled, but these shooters seem to commit their crimes for publicity or notoriety. If they are deprived of that, maybe there would be fewer of these senseless acts.

Beyond that, I have no words to offer that haven't already been said. It's truly sad beyond belief that there are individuals out there who can be so callous about taking loved ones away from innocent people - people who did nothing to this guy. It's the epitome of selfishness and cowardice.

Last edited:
I am just sickened, saddened. I just can't wrap my head around this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom