"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

I put on the weather channel to see what our storm on the East Coast was doing. They were talking about tsunami warnings all along the west coast down to San Diego. I had just taken two Vicodin and wanted to know where the earthquake was. We have a lot of members all along that area. But they never did say before the Vicodin kicked in. Off to sleep I went. I am so glad everyone is safe.

I would love to see just once in my lifetimie where from the West Coast to the East Coast, every place in the U.S. has sunshine and temps in the low 70's at the same time.

Old 10-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #12
Certified Cake Maniac

No tsunamis, little damage and everyone I know is safe and sound!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:26 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier
No tsunamis, little damage and everyone I know is safe and sound!
So glad for that. The weather is a little unpredictable for a lot of our DC friend's right now. Scary. Glad all is well for you my friend.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #14
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Some of us are really nuts and live next door to volcanoes...
Old 10-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #15
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Some of us are really nuts and live next door to volcanoes...
Or Earthquake faults!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:53 AM   #16
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Or hurricane filled oceans!
Old 10-29-2012, 02:26 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

I haven't been concerned at all about this present storm. Then I watched the news. The storm is 600 miles away from us and already we had white caps. The Ferry service from the Islands (Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard) has been stopped. The last trip they made had 500 people on it and they had to pass out barf bags. The ride was really rough. Very rarely does the ferry have a problem. It has a flat bottom. We have at least one Nor'easter a year. No big deal. But this storm is wide. It hasn't even hit land and it is raising all sorts of problems.

All our wiring is underground. So I am not worried about losing our lights. But I do have my cell phone plugged in just in case. We will get a lot of wind. I live only a block from the Atlantic. I just might take my scooter and go watch the storm tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #18
Everymom

Addie, you messed with my poor early morning brain. I was reading about the BC stuff and then couldn't figure out your post until you had the Nantucket bit. I was thinking, "I thought Addie lived on the EAST coast". I get you now. Just threw me for a bit.

Laurie, glad all is well. I couldn't believe it when I heard there might be a tsunami! I know you're a bit further inland but still! I've got family in White Rock, Burnaby (on the mountain thank god!) and over on the Island. I've been a bit unsettled about this.

If this tectonic weirdness keeps up I might end up with oceanfront property after all. I don't think it would be worth it.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

I live only a block from the Atlantic Ocean. I have my windows open. Great breeze blowing in. A good time to get some fresh air into the apartment. The wind is picking up. And I can smell the salt air.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #20
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Addie, you messed with my poor early morning brain. I was reading about the BC stuff and then couldn't figure out your post until you had the Nantucket bit. I was thinking, "I thought Addie lived on the EAST coast". I get you now. Just threw me for a bit.

Laurie, glad all is well. I couldn't believe it when I heard there might be a tsunami! I know you're a bit further inland but still! I've got family in White Rock, Burnaby (on the mountain thank god!) and over on the Island. I've been a bit unsettled about this.

If this tectonic weirdness keeps up I might end up with oceanfront property after all. I don't think it would be worth it.
It keeps up and I will have lake bottom property...oh, I only have to worry if we hit an Ice Age...