British Grocery in Milan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Now that shops have started to open after the summer break I went to this interesting sounding store....and was reduced to giggles....I got my husband some Marmite, which even after such a short time he was craving, some lovely "builders tea" and noted they had UK lavatory paper....but everything else was Asian/oriental ingrediants! I'm thrilled of course, but a sad reflection on the reputation of native British cuisine....:ROFLMAO:

Oh, but the tea bags have been well received!

lulu said:
sad reflection on the reputation of native British cuisine....:ROFLMAO:

Oh, but the tea bags have been well received!

Bake and serve them some nice piping hot scones with devonshire cream and strawberries... they will change their mind:-p

See if you can find a Bodum outlet shop near Milan... it is a swiss vendor who sell all sorts of tea and coffee and related equipments, they make excellent varieties of teas, IMO even better than Twinings or Jacksons, surely beat the heck out of Typhoo...:LOL: Really, worth a try. (my favourite is Earl Grey Blue Flower and Bodums Best....)

You know Twinings tatse a bit odd here...the Breakfast tea seems to have bergamot or almondy flavour.....and the Earl Grey more like a Lady Grey! I had given up on tea till I got the PG Tips, even though in UK for builders tea I am thoroughly a Twinings girl! Thanks for the tip I'll look for Bodum!

As for the scones, well....my husband's boss has requested a batch....

Heh, I meant to ask you about cream in Italy too....I'll email you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom