Buddy Holly Feb 3 1959 The Day The Music Died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
On a cold winter's night a small private plane took off from Clear Lake, Iowa bound for Fargo, N.D. It never made its destination.

When that plane crashed, it claimed the lives of Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens, J.P. "Big Bopper" Richardson and the pilot, Roger Peterson. Three of Rock and Roll's most promising performers were gone. As Don McLean wrote in his classic music parable, American Pie, it was "the day the music died."

sigh.................

I could make those people dance... band news one the doorstep...... bye bye Ms American Pie...... this will be the day I'll die.

I dig them rythem and blues. :) By by Ms American pie......

Wasn't Patsy Cline on that plane also? It's been a while since i watched "sweet dreams" I sob for days!

Patsy Cline was not on that plane. This was only a four passenger plane and all four passengers were accounted for. And I have never heard any connection between Buddy Holly and Patsy Cline. Many musicians have credited being influnced by Buddy Holly, but Patsy was not one of them. Some musicians that claim the Buddy Holly had an impact on their musical development include John Lennon, Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones (in fact the Stones very first American hit was a cover of Buddy's, Not Fade Away), Elton John, Eric Clapton, Bob Dylan, Elvis Costello, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, John Mellencamp, Ric Ocasek, and Bruce Springstein.

Buddy Holly is considered one of the most influencial founding fathers of Rock 'n Roll.

And Sush, please do not be sad. Just put on some of his music and DANCE!;)

The immortal Patsy bought it in another plane crash.

Waylon Jennings was a young sideman back then and got off the plane to give his seat to one of the other guys (sorry, I forget who - maybe The Bopper).

Article in the paper the other day says they're going to exhume The Bopper's remains because there's a question about a shooting aboard the plane. The B's body was found much farther away from the wreckage than the others.

Beth's right - don't dwell on the details but honor their memories by puttin' the tunes on and dancing!

mudbug said:
The immortal Patsy bought it in another plane crash.

Beth's right - don't dwell on the details but honor their memories by puttin' the tunes on and dancing!

Oh, muddy, you make me cry. "Crazy" and "I Fall to Pieces." They don't get much better than that!!! Loved Patsy.

As for oldies. Yeah, the dancin' thing.

One of our area stations just reformatted to an oldies station that plays '60s, '70s and only a smattering of '80s tunes. I have spent hours groovin' and Buck and I have even been found dancin' in the kitchen while the pasta cooks.

We honor their memory as we dip and dance.:-p

May I propose we all raise a glass tonight to all the talented song writers, singers and musicians of the mid 20th century, that have contributed to the quality of our lives? And if we have two feet and can make them shuffle, do a little dance (also may help keep us warm);) ;)

We get a lot of Buddy Holly here in Lubbock, it seems the great old songs and performers are still loved by a lot of folks.
later

Back
Top Bottom