"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 08-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Bugs!!

Do you all remember when I started thread asking what type of bugs I had? Well, they are BACK! There aren't as many but they still are ugly. Someone told me they were Wolf Spiders. The exterminator did not even know what kind they were. Evidently they are determined to take over my house. Last time I only saw them at night. Now they are showing up when I want to do my laundry. I had the ladybugs first but they haven't shown up YET! Must I always stand guard for something trying to come int the house? If it isn't prowlers or burglars, it is these bugs. I promise I do try to keep up with cleaning but I personally don't think that is the trouble. I have never had roaches and I was told once you get them you have hard time getting rid of them. It isn't even Fall yet and they are looking for someplace. One thing for sure, they are determined. My dogs don't even bother them. Just watch them. I am not fooling around this time. The exterminator is scheduled for Thursday. I truly am grateful.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #2
Master Chef

can you post a picture??

Old 08-29-2005, 06:18 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Will Do

Have to make sure they don't see us. If they hear you they start jumping, at you. I will try to see what happens. Texas, aren't you the one who liked the tv show 24?
Old 08-29-2005, 07:43 PM   #4
Master Chef

YES!!! I love keifer sutherland!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:02 AM   #5
Executive Chef

Great!

They are going to be coming back? Right? I do miss that show. Don't watch much tv if nothing exciting like 13 going on. I wonder if keifer feels the same way. His father is supposed to be in some movie coming out. I don't think they favor much do you?
Old 08-30-2005, 10:20 AM   #6
Master Chef

They used to look exactly alike. If you can, look up on the net and find some of them standing side by side. Donald will be in a new series on ABC or CBS, can't remember with Geena Davis, about her being the president. He is against her in it.
Yes, it's coming back, just not sure when and what it will be about this time, probably the Chinese consulate attacking them.
Jack has to come back at some point, I won't watch it otherwise!!
Old 08-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #7
Master Chef

His whole name: Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Southerland

Heres a pic of them together.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2005, 11:34 AM   #8
Executive Chef

Wow

You got the scoop! You really are awake. They look like such nice people. How in the world did you find that picture? It is in German, isn't it? They must think lot of them too. Happy to know I can have someone to depend on (you) to keep up with the latest. Thank you for sharing this with me. I just don't get to see them enough. In other words, they always keep a person wanting more. Please, please let me know when the shows are on. I do like Geena Davis too. Did you see her in Tina and Louise? That was a great one. The ending shocked me. Thanks again.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:58 AM   #9
Executive Chef

ITK, bugs freak me out.

My home is immaculate, but lately have some flying gnats(?) & pin-head sized creepers. Can't figure out where, why or what. At first I noticed them over the sink & made sure there was no dampness water around the sink area. I'm going through the pantry & getting rid of anything that might have been sitting around for a while - including spices.

At first I thought maybe they're fruit flys, but I never keep ANY food or fruit out. I empty the toaster crumb tray regularly. I passed termite inspection, knew I would. But still can't figure out what the problem is. Maybe the Heat? I've also heard, if you live in a condo, to go in halfsies with your neighbor & have the connecting drains snaked(?)/cleaned out, or clean the drains with bleach.

Wanted to mention too, when I asked the termite inspector about the gnats he said my neighbor had them as well. He recommended installing more tightly woven(?) window screens. Perhaps it comes from the outside (lawn etc) rather than the inside. I keep my pasta in glass containers & thinking I might do the same for rice and couscous. Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
Head Chef

Bugs are new to me! In FL they seem to pop up everywhere and I never had trouble with them in Seattle.

I went to grab a bottle of booze from the cupboard the other day and there were teeny, tiny ants running about on it! ewwww Never ever have I had to wash down a bottle of liqour before I put it away, but I know better now. Then I was paranoid about finding them on other things (like opened honey containors, peanut butter, etc.) but luckily they hadn't migrated yet.

I, too, have started keeping all of my opened stuff like rices, granola, croutons, well, everything! in glass or plastic click-clacks. That way there is no question about what's going to be in them when I use them. =P

Luckily there are no spiders about. Hope yours get taken care of, ITK!

Z