Bugs coming in for the winter....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not Legal

Tanked fish going nuts on flies? ROFL! Have your kids catch a couple small Largemouth Bass, and put them in a tank by themselves (if it's legal). Feed them some minnows, once a day or so. The bass will be slopping water out of the tank! Check to make sure it's legal to keep gamefish in a tank first.

The only real prob we have with bugs here is moths coming in through the front door. Our porch light is right by the door, and they get sucked into the house when the door opens.

No, it is not legal to keep game fish here. I don't even bother trying. The fish I have now are amusing enough to me and at some point and time in their lives, will reach a decent size. But yea, any soft bodied bugs I can find... I feed to the fish. It seems to pump them up!

I love that word.......are they skinny like some of our favorite models.......are you sure that they will eat the flies.....or just the fake ones..............ok, are they fat-free flies???

Which word???? Compressiceps???? (I probably spelled it wrong!) But they are skinny fish. I attached a pic of one.
Alt%20Compressiceps%20yellow.jpg

Girl... we can take it, so dish it out all you like!!! Have fun and enjoy sweetie!!! We are all here for you and we are all pleased to have you back home!

contressiceps..........I love that word........it's like wokring against the muscles..........has to be a skinny girl................sorry the brain is in a different zone right now............

I have several.... maybe 5, two of which are protecting babies at the moment. I will have to post pics of my tanks sometime!

really, it's a beautiful fish............I just love how the name sounds............we're homosapapiens.........how gorgeous is that........an ape is an ape.........homo sapens...........oh, I'm a contraceccipius.................oh, yes, far more dignified.............

We had a freak week of 70+ degree weather last week (after our first frost, and then some). My husband had to resurrect his epi-pen and the lady bugs, box elder beetles, etc, all of a sudden came out in droves. I don't think we're going to top freezing today, and while I haven't been looking forward to cold weather, I sure won't miss the flies, bees, ants, lady bugs and box elders that came out last week!

I've told this story before but for you all I'll tell it again.......went Christmas tree hunting in the woods......found The Tree........brought it home and inside............several hours later the thing was alive and moving......literally moving......upon closer inspection........mizillions of stinkbugs who had lain dormant due to the cold under the bark had come swarming out from the warmth of the room.......yeeha......it's summertime.......the tree got deornamented and out of the back porch to be washed and sprayed.............my skin still crawls at the memory......

Back
Top Bottom