Burger King's Big King now with MORE meat than a Big Mac...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
Burger King's Big King 'out-beefs' the Big Mac

The No. 2 burger chain has just made its new Big King burger bigger than the Big Mac. And on Monday evening, it will start bragging about that in advertising.

The move comes three months after Burger King rolled out its Big Mac-buster, dubbed Big King. The enlarged Big King beef will weigh in, uncooked, at 4 ounces, vs. 3.2 ounces for the beef on the iconic McDonald's burger that it mimics, the Big Mac.

That wouldn't be difficult over here where the Big Mac burger is a poor, thin thing that tastes of nothing much.

When I see burgers on Triple D my mind boggles. Our burgers look like poor relations of yours.

I remember being in London, eons ago, when they opened up the very first McDonald's there. A well dressed gent came out with his Big Mac burger, took one bite, spat it out, and proclaimed that the Americans can have it. Along with a few British expletives.

I had a Wimpy (franchise) burger in London too, nothing to write home about.

Last edited:
Careful, Taxy. With this and your Greek pizza resto, you might be getting an unexpected visitor or two. Beagle and I may need to take a road trip.
Sounds good to me. I hope Beagle has good manners with cats. Be sure to come for the 2nd Wednesday of a month, so I can bring you to the Danish Club luncheon. :pig:

I saw the commercial and my exact words were:

"They are trying to steal the secret sauce from McDonalds".

Like no one know it is really Thousand Island Dressing. Ooops! Did I let it out of the bag?

There is a reason I order a Jr. Whopper once a year. By the time I get down to the last three bites, I toss it. :angel:

Sounds good to me. I hope Beagle has good manners with cats. Be sure to come for the 2nd Wednesday of a month, so I can bring you to the Danish Club luncheon. :pig:

:LOL: Beagle adores cats. Cats do not adore Beagle.

Hmm. You, CWS, me, Danish Lunch Club.....

Last edited:
I remember being in London, eons ago, when they opened up the very first McDonald's there. A well dressed gent came out with his Big Mac burger, took one bite, spat it out, and proclaimed that the Americans can have it. Along with a few British expletives.

I had a Wimpy (franchise) burger in London too, nothing to write home about.

I can certainly agree with this assessment!

Uck!! I don't go to these places for meals.

With love,
~Cat

That wouldn't be difficult over here where the Big Mac burger is a poor, thin thing that tastes of nothing much.

When I see burgers on Triple D my mind boggles. Our burgers look like poor relations of yours.

Don't let Triple D confuse you. The burgers you see are not what you get at a fast food restaurant. Fast food burgers are greasy and don't taste like meat. But we can go to a good restaurant and get a very tasty hamburger.

But Harvey's | Canada's Best Tasting Burger has better burgers and your choice of nice toppings.

Harvey's is better than McDonald's burgers and probably Burger King. I haven't had a burger from there in a long time. I've never understood the appeal of McDonald's, even as a kid I prefered Burger king. Not big on Wendy's burgers either. Hardy's and A&W aren't bad if you can find one. Currently my favorite is Culver's for a fast food burger. Much better than McD or BK. If I want a real burger though the order of prefernce is my dad's grill, my own kitchen (hubby's burgers), Stella's in Grand Rapids, West Pier in Sault Ste. Marie. Those places have some mighty fine burgers.

Like no one know it is really Thousand Island Dressing. Ooops! Did I let it out of the bag?

There is a reason I order a Jr. Whopper once a year. By the time I get down to the last three bites, I toss it. :angel:

Yes Addie we had that figured out as soon as they started to sell them.
We also knew how to make "Thousand Island" dressing. I don't like ketchup, mayo and sweet pickle relish mixed together.

And I am also with you on the food. It sucks big time.
I sometimes in a hurry will get a burger at the drive through and always regret spending any money on it. Even though it was only a dollar.

If i had to pick a fast food place in the US, I guess it would be Subway.
Its not because they are very good, but because i can see them make it and there is one it seems on every corner.

Last edited:
We have a pizza place that used to have restaurants. Papa Gino's. They made really fresh burgers. Shaped and cooked when you ordered one. Not shaped in a form maker either. Shaped by hand. Just like you made them at home. I got a lot of mis-shapened ones. And you could taste the freshness of the meat.

They closed their restaurants and now concentrate of the quick business of pizza and related items. But their pizzas are very good also.

I remember when the man who started Papa Gino's was just starting out. There was an old abandoned shack for collecting parking fees in the driveway of a barroom. He had just come to this company from Italy and couldn't speak a word of English. So he used that shack to sell Slush during the spring and summer months. Saved his money and opened his first Papa Gino's while still selling the Slush. He did this for a couple of years and finally gave up the Slush business. He wanted his food to taste as good as you got at home. And it does. He is the kind of man that does business on a hand shake. I have a friend that does all his electrical work on that handshake. And has been doing it since he opened the first pizza place. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom