Burning $25, what should I get?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't have any suggestions other than what's been mentioned, Joel...but I do hope that you'll share with us what you bought with your gift card. :)

Any suggestions? I’d rather have an encyclopedic cook book than something like “20 thirty minute weeknight meals.”

More like The Joy of Cooking. More info and even stories than a simple compilation of recipes.
I have a book I refer to often, and it IS an encyclopedia: The Wise Encyclopedia of Cookery. Himself's Mom had one and used it often, so when we got married he bought me one right away. While it does have recipes (none of which I've made), and very few photos, it does have a wealth of information about any food you can imagine. 1269 pages before you get to the glossary and index!

Thank you everyone. Good suggestions, one and all!

I’ve decided on some sherry vinegar, as it’s been appearing with almost alarming frequency in recipes I’d love to try.

And silicone ice trays. Our apartment piece-of-poop refrigerator of course has no ice maker. Our current trays are plastic, cracked and leaking, and definitely not “easy release.” And I’d say, comparatively, we use a lot of ice...

Kayelle - I still love the silicone roasting racks, and want them. It was between the racks and the ice cube trays, actually, and I had to go with thing that was more needed.

And I did browse the Kindle library. Lots of great books. Funny thing though. I set the search bar for “Kindle,” typed in “free cook books,” and got forty six pages worth of (mostly) free, (mostly) about food and cooking. (I say “mostly” in the latter case because some weird stuff slips in). A plethora of diet and appliance cookbooks of course, but I sifted though all forty eight pages; I probably found and downloaded about 100 books! So I’ll save those excellent tomes y’all recommended tor the next gift card. Some of them look like I’d even want the hard copy!

So, ice cube trays a sherry vinegar, with just enough left over for a couple of cheap ebooks.

Back
Top Bottom