"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-13-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
Proud American

Busy Day Today!

I had two classes this morning. Then to home for lunch, and DA had the dentist appointment at 2:00pm and her normal hair salon appointment at 4:00pm.

Then we have the weekly grocery store errand, and the drug store, and then we put away our purchases. DA said we shall not cook tonight. So, we ordered pizza and ate this while watching a cute movie I had found. It is named "Hotel Transylvania." It is a child's move but I liked it! DA could listen and she liked it too.

DA is very tired and went to bed early. I rode my bicycle with Azia among the neighborhood. Then I went to my basement lair and wrote a poem to Papa, made a card on the computer for Mamma, and wrote my weekly letter to them.

Then I came to here!

And tomorrow is not planned for, so we may see what happens.

Your friend,
~Cat

Old 09-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Very busy day!! Mine was busy, too, but it didn't include all the fun things you did. Work, work, work...I did get to see three patients.

Old 09-13-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Very busy day!! Mine was busy, too, but it didn't include all the fun things you did. Work, work, work...I did get to see three patients.
You are very blessed to be given the gift of healing. I am certain your patients were very happy to see you!

The shop where I work is closed until the State Fair ends, so I shall not work on this weekend.

I might drive DA to the mountains if she is feeling well for such a trip.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #4
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatPat View Post
You are very blessed to be given the gift of healing. I am certain your patients were very happy to see you!

The shop where I work is closed until the State Fair ends, so I shall not work on this weekend.

I might drive DA to the mountains if she is feeling well for such a trip.

Your friend,
~Cat

Thank you, Cat! I love my job, working with the elderly is very rewarding, as you well know.

Maybe I should take Shrek out for a drive tomorrow...get us out of the house for a bit.

Have fun with your Aunt, drive safe!
Old 09-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
Proud American

Your patients are older as my DA? You are very fortunate, and they are also. I do love DA so very much. I do everything for her. She tells me she is not accustomed to this, but she should be.

DA is so very grateful for everything I do for her. Mamma told me older people are like this.

I shall drive very safely, I promise. I have been very, very careful with driving my Joy. I could not bear for DA to become hurt or for Joy to be damaged. The seat covers arrived and I put those in tonight after my ride, so Joy is ready for Azia to be in her. I think Azia will like the mountains! I shall keep her on the leash to be safe.

Who is Shrek? I have seen this movie. Is Shrek your husband? I see the Ogress Supreme under your name. I like the ogres and ogresses!

How many posts must one have to be Ogress?

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #6
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Your patients are older as my DA? You are very fortunate, and they are also. I do love DA so very much. I do everything for her. She tells me she is not accustomed to this, but she should be.

DA is so very grateful for everything I do for her. Mamma told me older people are like this.

I shall drive very safely, I promise. I have been very, very careful with driving my Joy. I could not bear for DA to become hurt or for Joy to be damaged. The seat covers arrived and I put those in tonight after my ride, so Joy is ready for Azia to be in her. I think Azia will like the mountains! I shall keep her on the leash to be safe.

Who is Shrek? I have seen this movie. Is Shrek your husband? I see the Ogress Supreme under your name. I like the ogres and ogresses!

How many posts must one have to be Ogress?

Your friend,
~Cat
Yes, Shrek is my husband, smelly old ogre, who I love. I think you have to be born an ogre to become an Ogress Supreme

I am a nurse in a nursing home for the elderly. In my section we get them right out of the hospital and help them get stronger to go home. They have busy days with therapies and getting their medications. My job is to take care of the insurance paperwork and make sure they get all the benefits that they should get. I do not do much "hands on" anymore. I see between 3 and 6 patients a day in my capacity for assessing their health status and then playing on the computer for the rest of the day

I have had some of my happiest and saddest times of my life at my job, I would not give it up for anything. My beloved ogre is older, too. He is about the same age as my parents.
Old 09-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #7
Proud American

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Yes, Shrek is my husband, smelly old ogre, who I love. I think you have to be born an ogre to become an Ogress Supreme

I am a nurse in a nursing home for the elderly. In my section we get them right out of the hospital and help them get stronger to go home. They have busy days with therapies and getting their medications. My job is to take care of the insurance paperwork and make sure they get all the benefits that they should get. I do not do much "hands on" anymore. I see between 3 and 6 patients a day in my capacity for assessing their health status and then playing on the computer for the rest of the day

I have had some of my happiest and saddest times of my life at my job, I would not give it up for anything. My beloved ogre is older, too. He is about the same age as my parents.
Ahhh, I see. But this is a wonderful thing! It is so good of you to make certain they are given all of what they need. Your beloved ogre is much older? Papa is 21 years older than Mamma.

But it is so very great of you to assist the older people. They need you. You are doing a wonderful thing for them. I am certain your job has sadness of it when they will pass away or they cannot go home.

God bless you! I am proud to know of you.

Your friend,
~Cat
Old 09-14-2013, 01:59 AM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Ahhh, I see. But this is a wonderful thing! It is so good of you to make certain they are given all of what they need. Your beloved ogre is much older? Papa is 21 years older than Mamma.

But it is so very great of you to assist the older people. They need you. You are doing a wonderful thing for them. I am certain your job has sadness of it when they will pass away or they cannot go home.

God bless you! I am proud to know of you.

Your friend,
~Cat
Shrek is 15 years older than me.

Thank you, Cat! It's nice to know that people think well of my profession, I do my best to get the best for my patients.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:11 AM   #9
Proud American

I see. Of course I would think the best of you and for what you do. I shall pray for you. I have found at sometimes, some are not very patient with older ones.

I do not like this. Thank you for attending to older ones!

Your friend,
~Cat

PS. Is there a "Proud American" title of this website? If it is so, how many posts must I make to achieve this?
Old 09-14-2013, 05:33 AM   #10
Master Chef

Quote:
I see. Of course I would think the best of you and for what you do. I shall pray for you. I have found at sometimes, some are not very patient with older ones.

I do not like this. Thank you for attending to older ones!

Your friend,
~Cat

PS. Is there a "Proud American" title of this website? If it is so, how many posts must I make to achieve this?

It is nice that you have decided to adopt America, we need all the love we can get!