Buy Nothing on Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The link wouldn't work Charlie...

But, I won't be buying anything. Paul and I will not leave the house Friday. We hide from the world the day after Thanksgiving. It's our tradition.

great ideas, thanks for the link...appreciated it..

I just made my donation to Heifer International, so my Christmas shopping is all done:) YEAH!!

goodness knows.. I have enough of those ( I'm even married to one!!!) lol!!!

I've been participating in the "no shopping Friday" for over 40 years. First, I'm not a shopper and I've only once shopped on Black Friday and that was with a girlfriend whose middle name was "shopping." I was only about 28 at the time and she wore me out. I don't really care for shopping, so Friday I'll be inside relaxing and avoiding mall combat.

Just got the Wal-Mart ad for Black Friday. From 5-11 a.m. they will have the KitchenAid telescoping stand mixer, K4555WH for $130 (while supplies last). Now THAT'S a deal if you need a mixer. Mine is working fine, so I will be going to work on Friday and putting the money in my pocket where it belongs.

I wont be shopping on BF I will be WORKING:mad:

I never shop on that day though it is my idea of hell.

I have decided this year, although I usually try to some extent, to do as much of my shopping locally as possible. I would rather my money went to local independent business people.

That said my holiday shopping is going to be meager. Firstly I am broke and secondly I really dont feel it is an appropriate time for indulgent spending.

my wife gets out about 4 am and hits a couple places ..
she got some great deals last year ..
to each his own though ..

I only did it once, at one store...
JoAnn etc has great deals on fabric and crafting stuff. My late SIL went the Christmas before she died... we were going to make it our tradition.
She was gone 3 days before the next Thanksgiving... so I never did it again.

DH and I may go after I am off work at 3, only if my parents decide to take all 3 kids this weekend and not just the boys.
Not because its' black friday, but just because we CAN!!!!!
NO KIDS!!!! PRAY FOR ME!!!
(please let my mother take pity on me!)

Please Please please
let Suzi's mommy be nice and baby sit this weekend! Please let Suzi and hubby have some alone time!

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed!

I'm with the group who don't leave home on Friday. I don't have a dishwasher, and usually host Thanksgiving. I also throw a Christmas party a week and a half later. So Friday means making Turkey soup, salad, sandwiches, washing dishes, scrubbing .... well, you name it. I take my time at it, I might add. Sip of wine, scrub a dish. My husband and I have also pretty much decided to skip gift giving, and simply do not shop that day. So Friday is turkey soup/sandwich/salad day, and slowly working at getting the house in shape for the Christmas party. P.S., among my holiday guests are Muslim and Jewish friends, and no one seems to have a problem with "Merry Christmas!"

Back
Top Bottom