Bye Bye Chicken Nuggets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yet another reason to avoid processed foods. I was appalled when I heard about this, but it's just the latest example of the screwed up mentality surrounding food in this country. If people don't speak out against this sort of thing, it will only continue to get worse.

I believe more and more there's something to be said for that whole "eat local" thing.
I don't think the large corporations will listen--it would take a drastic fall in sales and a lot of people complaining of this practice before corporations (and shareholders) would listen, IMO. However, this sort of thing might be the best thing to happen to local, small producers for those who care enough to buy local.

Last edited:
CG, If you can see the upward pointing arrow, then I reckon that is the image that little symbol is referring to. I merely used a keyboard combination to insert an upward pointing arrow. There is no other image there. I am curious why Chrome interprets the keystroke ALT+24 that way. I will have to look into this.

Just so I'm clear, you did not post any image, right? Just the word "This" and an up-pointing arrow? In that case, I guess Chrome just might be more confused than I am! :LOL:

Near as I can tell Google Chrome will replace any symbol that is not it its native encoding and treat it as an image, although from what I have read, it may or may not exhibit this behavior all the time. But no, there is just the upward pointing arrow. I will refrain from this technique for inserting special characters in the future to avoid confusion.. Interesting.

I don't think the large corporations will listen--it would take a drastic fall in sales and a lot of people complaining of this practice before corporations (and shareholders) would listen, IMO. However, this sort of thing might be the best thing to happen to local, small producers for those who care enough to buy local.

Yep .. exactly !!

And with them not disclosing where the chicken has been there will be a dramatic drop in sales.

So where will the fast food places be purchasing their products from???

Hate to say it but I really hope the "nugget" market takes such a huge hit it fails.

I'm still astounded at all of this ... wonder how those in charge would feel if one of their family members became ill or worse from some of this food.

This is really disturbing. Chicken nuggets are also served at so many schools, not just commercially at restaurants. Kids love them.

This is really disturbing. Chicken nuggets are also served at so many schools, not just commercially at restaurants. Kids love them.

Ya know I hadn't even thought about that. :ohmy:

I hope this information is put in the eyes and hands of all people in institutional situations. It would also be good if it were a bit more in the news so more people would see it.

Ya know I hadn't even thought about that. :ohmy:

I hope this information is put in the eyes and hands of all people in institutional situations. It would also be good if it were a bit more in the news so more people would see it.

Yes. I did see that you're not supposed to wash your chicken, THAT made the Today Show and the national news. Huh.

Back
Top Bottom