Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkath

Hospitality Queen
I've not been around for a few days -
main reason: the bee guy just took over 12,000 bees from our property.

Last edited:
Thats weird, I could swear I just saw a reply on here from MJ that said

"beehave" :LOL: Oh well, hope you get your bee problem under control, thats gotta sting :ROFLMAO:

amber said:

"beehave" :LOL:
LOL, I deleted my post beecause I messed it up.:LOL:

Thats alot of bees Jkath!:huh:

amber said:

"beehave" :LOL: Oh well, hope you get your bee problem under control, thats gotta sting :ROFLMAO:

I think you're just psychic, Amber!

I think it's more like beeware.:LOL: Honey, it's good to bee free. (groan)

I've been thinking that I must bee really lucky that I wasn't!

(although, I, for a moment, was considering letting them stay because of my love of fresh honey on the comb!)

cora, what does seijo do with the bees after he catches them?
i hope you give him a mason jar with air holes punched in the top.

(btw, hope his sat dish is gone...)

jkath, do you know what the bee guy did with your hive? does he have an apiary, or does he release them?

or does he send them to bee-halla?

jkath said:
I've not been around for a few days -
main reason: the bee guy just took over 12,000 bees from our property.

And they were there bee-cause??? :angel: (Ba-dum-bump!)
Thank You! Thank You! I'll be here all week, be sure to tip your wait staff!

On a more serious note...
YOU GAVE AWAY ALL THAT FREE HONEY?!?!?! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:unhappy: :-p

John

okay here's the scoop....
they hadn't yet built the hive - he said they were hanging out on the tree branch and "scouting". He said it appeared as if they wanted to come live in my attic. Buckytom, he took 'em home in a great big bag. I don't know if they were alive or dead.
Corazon, our next door neighbors have a giant german shepard who loves to eat bees too. So I made sure to let them know to keep Louie the dog inside!

Ex

You really got my attention w/the bees, jkath. I can relate to you only too much. I am just happy that your husband doesn't have the hobby of beekeeping
My exhusband was beekeeper for many many many many long time. He protected them with his life. When he would get stung he would never ever admit that it bothered him. Our son got stung in the throat and could not breathe for more than hour gasping for breath. The pediatrician told me to keep him away from bees. When I told him that there were 8 hives in the back that his father took care of he was stunned. I even had them in my sheets in the basement one day. Talk about terror!!! Also whenever he moved them to the country I would have to stay in back of the truck w/them to make sure the hives didn't fall over.

My experience with the bees is not good one. Mainly because my ex thought I was being silly about being afraid. He said that about most things. I do know that bees are very beneficial to the environment. Also everything has its place. They should not be confined to someone's backyard where people live. Mainly should be in large unpopulated area. They do create a nuisance when they try to build nest in the house. My opinion would not be negative if there were only some kind of understanding about my ignorance of them. Well, he is gone and so are the bees.

Back
Top Bottom