Call it Magic or Illusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Criss Angel or David Blane

• Criss: The ULTIMATE

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • David: The Humanist extremeist!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Houdini, FTW!

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • What the heck are you talking about?

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
I had to vote for Criss because a) he seems more down to earth and b) Blaine's "how long can I ..." tricks are just a matter of mind - not illusion or showmanship.

However ...:) ... when we were in Vegas 3 years ago for Christmas, I was selected from the audience (1 of 10) at a Copperfield show to disappear. It was cool to know how it's done and really cool to be up on stage and cooler to meet him and get a picture BUT he is kind of stuck up. When he met us after the show, we got a handshake, a signed picture and "if you tell anyone, you will break thousands of hearts and can you really live with that so just keep your trap shut". Disappointing for sure.

Liked Blaine's early stuff, but not keen on his more recent high profile, highly publicised stunts.

I also voted for 'what are you talking about' because, although I've vaguely heard of David Blaine (wasn't he the weird man who did some stunt in a glass cage near the Tower of London a year or so ago?) - I wouldn't have a clue who the other magician is :cool: . I also think of magicians in a slightly less 'con man' category than someone like Uri Geller, f'rinstance! :)

Tat, I just saw a TV special called Street Magic Secrets Revealed. They exposed the following tricks:

Contorting/rotating the hand 360 degrees
Various mind-reading tricks
Bringing a dead fly back to life
Self-rising playing card from a whole deck
Pulling off the head of a live dove and putting it back
Dancing match stick
Piercing a coin with a cigarette
Wris****ch miraculously advancing by 25 min
Making a coin disappear without touching it
Levitation

Sad to say, now I'm disillusioned :glare: :-p

LOL! It's MAGIC! THIS THREAD WAS RESURECTED!

I have tried to avoid the "revealed" shows because I still love the wtf factor. But I am curious, especially with the levitation trick.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom